Common sayings that you despise

Status
Not open for further replies.
"You don't have anything to worry about if you haven't done anything..."
--Typical response to grumblings about the police state or Patriot Act...

One of my sons and I got into it one day. He finally said something that took my phone off its hook.

MY BAD!

I had to ask him 5 or 6 times what he was saying. It only made me angry that I couldn't decifer or put sense to his communication.

Needless to say 'My Bad', 'Word', and all other stupid talk has been banned from my family.

We try to speak English here. Not Ebonics.

[Edited on 8-14-2005 by puritancovenanter]

Originally posted by blhowes
"that's just YOUR interpretation"

When someone tells me this I just start quoting the 10 Commandments and ask them to interpret. The discussion usually stops pretty quickly.

Originally posted by puritancovenanter

Someone needs to tell my hubby that! (for those that didn't get it earlier "breezy" is ebonics for one's woman/wife/girlfriend)

Originally posted by puritancovenanter
One of my sons and I got into it one day. He finally said something that took my phone off its hook.

MY BAD!

I had to ask him 5 or 6 times what he was saying. It only made me angry that I couldn't decifer or put sense to his communication.

Needless to say My Bad, Word, and all other stupic talk has been banned from my family.

I down wi dat!

OR

I dig

I've noticed this board goes through cycles. Heavy debate followed by a time of comedic hiatus, then back to the study/questions/debate again. :detective:

Originally posted by LadyFlynt
I've noticed this board goes through cycles. Heavy debate followed by a time of comedic hiatus, then back to the study/questions/debate again. :detective:

Which is great in my opinion!

Originally posted by LadyFlynt

Looks like we're not the frozen chosen afterall! ;)

Oh....I'm posting on a reformed message board on a Saturday night....:lol:

:banana:

"You know Ryan, I really don't want to date anyone right now..."
--Really hot girl blowing me off-- at least I try.

Originally posted by Draught Horse
I once wrote a little tract called, "How to express your faith without using cliches."

How about, "How to express your faith without using tracts" ? Would that be relevant to your idea, J? (Sounds like it might be....)

R.

Originally posted by WrittenFromUtopia
"It's not you ... it's me!"

I agree. It is.
gas.sml.gif

Playa play on!
Don't hate the playa hate the game!

But what I really hate is "Satan is a nerd." While I would agree with the conclusion, didn't Jude warn us about that? Interestingly enough, given his charismatic bent Wayne Grudem argues for the validity of rebuking the devil.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back