compatibilism/supralapsarian question

Status
Not open for further replies.

Jesus is my friend

Puritan Board Junior
I am a lay-person in these deep and wonderful truths and forgive me if my question is a bit unfocused,my question is,as best as I can phrase it is:

Can a believer who holds to a Supralapsarian view of God's decrees have a compatabilist belief in God's Sovereignty/man's will or does the Supralapsarian have a different view than the compatabilist,please help me out here as I am digging deep and very new in these areas,I must say also that these are very invigorating and exciting doctrines to study for me.thanks for all your help:pilgrim:
 
or does the Supralapsarian have a different view than the compatabilist

William Twisse observes, “Whereas we see some things come to pass necessarily, some contingently, so God hath ordained that all things shall come to pass: but necessary things necessarily, and contingent things contingently, that is, avoidably and with a possibility of not coming to pass. For every university scholar knows this to be the notion of contingency.”
 
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top