Cool images of my home province

Status
Not open for further replies.

Kevin

Puritan Board Doctor
This morning when we were deciding if we should cancel church (we did) I used a new web based tool. The provincial highway dept has camera set up on various highways so that you can check road conditions.

I just checked again & everything looks clear. However, this morning most cameras were showing nothing but white. Since we recieved around a foot of snow over night & it was blowing we were in a "white out" condition.

Anyway as I was looking up the conditions in various places I remebered the thread we had a while ago about when to close church. I thought to myself, if those guys could see this they would realise that telling people to go to church with 5 to 10 foot visibility is just not prudent. Then i realised they can see!

So for those who have never seen a Canadian winter, or if you are simply curious about what NB looks like, here it is...

Highway Cameras - New Brunswick Department of Transportation

I especially enjoyed Memramcook. It was nothing but WHITE and WHITE. We are in the midst of another cool spell here. Mid 70s.

Thanks, I so enjoyed the pics of the snow. We've had hardly any here (as usual) and I miss the snowy north. It was in the 60s, blue sky and bright warm sun all day.

That really is what most of NB looks like.

When my (then future) wife first visited here, from Georgia, she said as we drove to my parents house, "now I know where trees come from!":lol:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back