Battlestar Fans- My wife paid me a cool compliment

Status
Not open for further replies.

ReformedWretch

Puritan Board Doctor
While talking about leadership, and working with our girls to teach them that and other positive values my wife says to me..

"You're like Admiral Adama. You expect the girls to follow your directives, but you listen to them and try to take into account their feelings as best you can." She continued by saying "Isn't it funny too that his name (Adama) is your name with an a on the end of it."

I laughed, but did find it kind of "cool" for her to say that.

..So say we all....good fighting.....sometimes you've got to roll a hard six. :lol:

After having explained to my wife the ins and outs of the alignment system in D&D, she is constantly labelling characters in shows with what she thinks their alignment is.

Ie. "That Robin Hood, he's soooo Chaotic Neutral" or "Sam Seaborn (from the West Wing) is such a Lawful Good guy..."

Its fun when the women indulge our nerdiness.

You guys are so...

what's the word I'm looking for...

what is that word?

Oh, you're DORKS! :rofl:

(Note: I know what you're talking about with D&D actually.)

You guys are so...

what's the word I'm looking for...

what is that word?

Oh, you're DORKS! :rofl:

(Note: I know what you're talking about with D&D actually.)

Unless you've watched Battlestar you may not label me!:D

If you have seen it and still label me, you simply need better taste in TV shows.

I've seen Battlestar Galactica. It's awesome. Adama's a nice guy but I know of other military leaders that far excel him and would use them as examples before a fictional character but I understand that you're civilians so Adama ain't bad.

I understand about the chance part. But what is a "hard six?" Is it a maneuver done in a plane/viper? Is it a dice roll while gambling? What is it?

I used to watch that show back in the 70's when I smoked a lot of pot.:lol:
However, I have not watched the new version but you definately do not look like Lorne Greene.

While talking about leadership, and working with our girls to teach them that and other positive values my wife says to me..

"You're like Admiral Adama. You expect the girls to follow your directives, but you listen to them and try to take into account their feelings as best you can." She continued by saying "Isn't it funny too that his name (Adama) is your name with an a on the end of it."

I laughed, but did find it kind of "cool" for her to say that.

..So say we all....good fighting.....sometimes you've got to roll a hard six. :lol:
Adam: BTW, you are much better than Adama. You have a good heart, a servant's heart. Adama is an anti-hero, along with most of the Battlestar characters (with a couple of exceptions, such as Helo).

A high risk / high reward operation. The phrase originates from craps where a hard six is achieved by rolling threes on a pair of six-sided dice (3+3). Rolling a hard six has a probability of about 3% whereas rolling six by any other combination has about a 14% chance. A hard six pays 7 to 1 whereas a regular six pays only 7 to 6.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back