Courtship

Status
Not open for further replies.
This is very sad, but better to find out now rather than later. It is embarrasing how shallow us blokes can be sometimes.

I second Mike's sentiments.

(note: I was so tired that I read he sent you an email' to 'he sent another female', which was pretty appalling, even beyond the appalling content of the communication. [sheepish grin] I still don't believe what he did either manly or godly, but am removing my unfounded reaction to the female.)

I am truly sorry to hear this.

Last edited:
Hang in there...and remember that you are a treasured work of God, and that you are worthy of a man's affections and attention, even though this one will not offer his. God has something better in mind.

Blessings and prayers!

As a member of the male sex but more importantly as a Christian man I have to say that I am embarrassed by his actions. To deal with you in this manner especially after you have begun courting is shameful.

He had the gall to write an email asking me to "work on your lower body" when I ride my bike 40 miles every day and already work out a lot...

The fact that he emailed you about this ridiculous problem shows his lack of maturity. You are blessed to find out this early in the relationship.

A Second Lieutenant sent that email? Remarkable. Well, I don't know what to say other than, "How rude!!"

Young lady, a good Christian man will come your way who will love you and cherish you. Lt. Carlson's actions were neither good or Christian.

God bless you, Susan.

Totally agreed about maturity level. Shoot, I haven't been called fat in such a "polite" manner since I was a little kid... Because I'm not fat! Haha. Anyway, I hope he finds his Barbie doll some day. :)

And thank y'all for the advice all throughout - it's very appreciated! One good thing from this is that I'm much closer to my father now; it really made me trust him, appreciate him, and love him even more. Involving my dad really made the process easier and a lot more stress-free. It also helped me realize that no matter how hard he is, I'm still his baby girl and he'd protect me no matter what.

Nevermind, I broke it off. Apparently, he's attracted to women with flat hips and skinny legs, so my hour glass figure is not "attractive" to him. He had the gall to write an email asking me to "work on your lower body" when I ride my bike 40 miles every day and already work out a lot... Needless to say I'm disgusted. Totally didn't see something like this coming, but whatever.

So... I'm single. *wink wink* :p

YIKES!

Better now than later. See what happens to whatever super-skinny dream wife he is looking for after 4 kids!

Why do women want to look like heroin addicts in our day? MY guess is that the fashion industry and modeling is run by gay men who don't know what beautiful is.

Sounds like perhaps God's purposes were not centered around this guy at all but perhaps the main plan of God here was maybe to tie you and your Pop closer together so that there is a firmer home team when the next round of courtship begins. The relationship that God was focusing on perhaps was not the one that was most apparent but Father-Daughter is certainly a blessed relationship and it is a kind providence that He is orchestrating events to strengthen that bond.

Nevermind, I broke it off. Apparently, he's attracted to women with flat hips and skinny legs, so my hour glass figure is not "attractive" to him. He had the gall to write an email asking me to "work on your lower body" when I ride my bike 40 miles every day and already work out a lot... Needless to say I'm disgusted. Totally didn't see something like this coming, but whatever.

YIKES!

Better now than later. See what happens to whatever super-skinny dream wife he is looking for after 4 kids!

Why do women want to look like heroin addicts in our day? MY guess is that the fashion industry and modeling is run by gay men who don't know what beautiful is.

Everybody gets old and fat eventually. Everybody.

I think you're half right. It's run by gay men who think beautiful is an adolescent boy. Super-skinny women look like adolescent boys.

Clearly he wasn't an officer and a gentleman...

One advantage of courtship over other forms of romance is that you tend not to get too attached, which makes it far easier emotionally if you have to end the relationship because the other person turns out to be a fool. Don't worry too much about him though; there are many men who don't have such silly views on women, and obsession with a woman's body type is the kind of thing that most men grow out of as they age.

YIKES!

Everybody gets old and fat eventually. Everybody.

I think you're half right. It's run by gay men who think beautiful is an adolescent boy. Super-skinny women look like adolescent boys.

You always have such eloquence with your words! :p A hearty amen to bluntness on this subject.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back