Cromwell's War-Machine

Status
Not open for further replies.

RamistThomist

Puritanboard Assessor
Amazon.com: CROMWELL'S WAR MACHINE: The New Model Army 1645 - 1660: Books: Keith Roberts

Looks good.

51S4DJ9HN3L._AA240_.jpg
 
Antonia Fraser has written a biography of Cromwell that I've never had the chance to finish. Maybe when I retire...

That guy was a fightin' machine!!
 
Antonia Fraser has written a biography of Cromwell that I've never had the chance to finish. Maybe when I retire...

That guy was a fightin' machine!!

Despite the fact it was done by a Catholic, it is probably the best treatment of Cromwell. I hope it is still in print. Christopher Hill, an unbeliever, also did a good job on Cromwell.
 
I used to read everything I could get my hands on by Christopher Hill about the English Civil War - it was my pre-Christian, pre-Calvinist phase.
 
Never mind on the War Machine book. While I can get a decent price on Amazon, it would take several weeks to ship. I might get it later in life.
 
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top