RamistThomist Puritanboard Assessor Dec 21, 2007 #1 Amazon.com: CROMWELL'S WAR MACHINE: The New Model Army 1645 - 1660: Books: Keith Roberts Looks good.
crhoades Puritan Board Graduate Dec 21, 2007 #2 also check this out. England's Troubles: Seventeenth-Century English Political Instability in European Context
also check this out. England's Troubles: Seventeenth-Century English Political Instability in European Context
turmeric Megerator Dec 21, 2007 #3 Antonia Fraser has written a biography of Cromwell that I've never had the chance to finish. Maybe when I retire... That guy was a fightin' machine!!
Antonia Fraser has written a biography of Cromwell that I've never had the chance to finish. Maybe when I retire... That guy was a fightin' machine!!
RamistThomist Puritanboard Assessor Dec 21, 2007 #4 turmeric said: Antonia Fraser has written a biography of Cromwell that I've never had the chance to finish. Maybe when I retire... That guy was a fightin' machine!! Click to expand... Despite the fact it was done by a Catholic, it is probably the best treatment of Cromwell. I hope it is still in print. Christopher Hill, an unbeliever, also did a good job on Cromwell.
turmeric said: Antonia Fraser has written a biography of Cromwell that I've never had the chance to finish. Maybe when I retire... That guy was a fightin' machine!! Click to expand... Despite the fact it was done by a Catholic, it is probably the best treatment of Cromwell. I hope it is still in print. Christopher Hill, an unbeliever, also did a good job on Cromwell.
turmeric Megerator Dec 21, 2007 #5 I used to read everything I could get my hands on by Christopher Hill about the English Civil War - it was my pre-Christian, pre-Calvinist phase.
I used to read everything I could get my hands on by Christopher Hill about the English Civil War - it was my pre-Christian, pre-Calvinist phase.
RamistThomist Puritanboard Assessor Dec 24, 2007 #6 Never mind on the War Machine book. While I can get a decent price on Amazon, it would take several weeks to ship. I might get it later in life.
Never mind on the War Machine book. While I can get a decent price on Amazon, it would take several weeks to ship. I might get it later in life.
toddpedlar Iron Dramatist Dec 25, 2007 #7 Spear Dane said: Never mind on the War Machine book. While I can get a decent price on Amazon, it would take several weeks to ship. I might get it later in life. Click to expand... Tower Books ships in 3 to 7 days... Tower.com: Keith Roberts Cromwell's War Machine Hardcover
Spear Dane said: Never mind on the War Machine book. While I can get a decent price on Amazon, it would take several weeks to ship. I might get it later in life. Click to expand... Tower Books ships in 3 to 7 days... Tower.com: Keith Roberts Cromwell's War Machine Hardcover