Cycling recommendations

Status
Not open for further replies.

staythecourse

Puritan Board Junior
What's a good bicycle (10-15-20 speed)for the buck. Just starting to get involved in cycling. Live in Florida and the sights are great.

I had mostly motocrossers such as Honda and Suzuki as well as enduros such as Yamaha and Can Am and even stumbled across an old Husqvarna I had for awhile (but never rode it).

A friend of mine had a Hercules with a 7 speed gearbox and another friend had an old Penton ISDT with the older Sachs engine.

Sorry, I think you mean bikes without engines:bouncy:

First you need to decide what type of riding you will be doing. There are lots of cycling websites available to get some expert advice.

One other thing, New bikes are like cars. Last year's models are generally discounted significantly. Also avoid Wal-Mart, buy from a reputable dealer.

I am over 60 so like the cushy ride of a mountain bike which has shocks up front with big spring and shock under the seat.

I bought a 59. special at Target and had it for over a year. Their parts are warranited pretty good and they are quick to ship them to you. Have never had a problem getting parts.

The bike co. sells to walmart also but theirs are a tad more expensive. Regular at Target was 79 the last time I looked. They have other types as well as some more expensive ones also.

My original frame broke and they replaced the whole bike :) me wife rides it and I ride the one I got thinking the old one was shot.

Forgot to mention the one's I ride are Magna brand and the wifes is a Next I think they call it - the same company markets under several names.
http://www.dynacraftbike.com/ is their website.

[Edited on 3-18-2004 by exscentric]

[Edited on 3-18-2004 by exscentric]

I like the advice that last years models are cheaper. :grin:

I'd like it to be part of my routine to ride and get in shape - great family thing, too, I bet (when I get one.):lol:

I went to Wally world - nothing but kids bikes. I'll start low-end for sure till I know I like it. Thanks for the advice of other bike sites.

And re: motorcycles: Give me a rice-burning cruiser - 1000cc or more and I'll be happy.

:roll::roll:

A bike sure beats walking :) I have to excercise and dislike walking - well like very much :lol:

Ride 3-3 1/2 miles a day very early before the traffic gets heavy - still have to dodge the fruit cakes - most at that hour think those two white lines at the intersection are for parking :bouncy:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back