Death of "Jackass" Star Ryan Dunn

Status
Not open for further replies.

bookslover

Puritan Board Doctor
Film critic Roger Ebert has been attacked for his Twitter reponse to this guy's death ("Friends don't let jackasses drive drunk.") - saying it was in bad taste. Others have come to Ebert's defense.

I agree with Ebert. His Twitter tweet was right to the point. I'd tell his critics: "You know what? If you drink 3 beers followed by 3 shots and then deliberately get into your car, you can pretty much guarantee that the outcome won't be pretty."

Dunn managed to kill both himself and his passenger.

I'm sorry he's dead, but actions do have consequences.

I agree completely that actions have consequences, however out of respect for his family we should refrain from making such public comments so soon after his death. Clearly he made a foolish decision and reaped what he sowed, but he was still someone's son.

I agree completely that actions have consequences, however out of respect for his family we should refrain from making such public comments so soon after his death. Clearly he made a foolish decision and reaped what he sowed, but he was still someone's son.

He was someones son, and I respect that and pray for the family.

I'm not sure about the concept of overwrought restraint in pointing out the murderous consequences of this man's behavior. As soon as he was behind the wheel, he was about the business of randomly putting at risk any person along his path. He did succeed in killing another besides himself. His life has been one devoted to the public practice and promotion of debauchery. He was a murderer and a criminal. Public denunciation may be called for in this case.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back