ImgBurn is a great freeware tool that has scanning and verification. Nero might have a free tool to scan and verify a disc prior to writing it. I would figure if you're using an even decent tool to create and burn iso, bin/cue img files, there should be a "verify prior to burning" or "test burn" feature.
You don't mention anything about the specifics so the problem could be a bad source file, bad source disc, incompatible settings used, burning too fast, a number of possibilities, but if you think the problem is the blank discs almost every worthy burning utlity has surface scanning and verification.
A site that helped me ages ago with all things disc ripping and burning, tutorials, lists of free & pay$$ tools was videohelp.com, afterdawn was also a good site.
Note: I haven't visited either site in ages so
I can't be responsible for a website name hack, meaning, the purpose of these sites may have changed so beware. I mention this because i recently found on an old drie with various files including numerous saved bookmarks (html files) going back 15 years, sites I used to frequent (and participate on) regularly. Unfortunately some have been abandoned, taken over by unsaavory folks with bad intentions - thankfully I scanned the urls first
VirusTotal is a good source for scanning files and urls. Here's a scan for videohelp, there's always a false positive, 2 out of sixty -
https://www.virustotal.com/en/url/f...63f691f2e77aa8c6c084dd68cd7f13bf35f/analysis/
Hope some of my rant is helpful, I hate coasters too
Mike