E-Sword

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reformingstudent

Puritan Board Junior
Just downloaded this great bible utility yesterday and I love it. It gives you the bible on your computer with many diffrient translations and commentaries.
"e-Sword is a fast and effective way to study the Bible.
e-Sword is feature rich and user friendly with more capabilities than you would expect in a free software package. The fact that e-Sword is free is just one of the blessings and does not speak of the quality of the software. I make my living writing software and I believe I have put forth my best effort in this endeavor. The real work, however, was put in by the godly men and women who devoted countless years creating the texts that have been made available for our benefit."

http://e-sword.net/

Click here to see all the features: http://e-sword.net/features.html

[Edited on 21-1-2005 by Keylife_fan]

I think a lot of people on here already use it. It's nice to see they have The Holman Christian Standard Bible out for it now. I alos like the recent addition of the AV1611, the next time a KJVO tells me there is no changes between the 1611 and the later editions besides an updated spelling I can show them where they are wrong faster ;)

Bryan
SDG

IB and ID on disk

Yes e-sword is a great tool and superb modules and no CD to run from, I recently bought the Interpreters Bible and Interpreters Dictionary on CD and the CD has to be inserted to use which was a bit annoying, so for my laptop I just backed up a copy with a burner and used that. It cost 140 dollars too, but has a wealth of information.

I believe the New Interpreters Bible and Dictionary costs something like 750 dollars on disk. I have the full set of books of IB & ID which I have had for about 20 years but at the moment they are in the UK.

E-sword is free and is superb, it has, as you know, Schaffs History of the Christian Church which I bought when I acquired IB & ID and cost around 140 sterling even then.

So yes, thumbs up for e-sword and Rick Meyers :up:

I *love* e-sword!! I've actually used several electronic Bible programs and this is by far my favorite. He did a wonderful job creating it. It was certainly made by someone that uses the Bible himself, and wanted a useful tool for study :)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back