Emergency Medical Alert

Status
Not open for further replies.

Rich Koster

Puritan Board Post-Graduate
I just installed an emergency medical alert system for my mom. It is the type that, when activated by a pendant, dials pre-selected phone numbers and lets you listen in or cancel the call sequence with your keypad on the receiving end of the call. Did any of you, who have one, ever get false alarm calls due to power glitches? Have you found them reliable? Do the pendants go bad quickly or are they good for a few years?
 
Never used them, but I think I would welcome false alarm calls from time to time.

That way, I know it's still working like it's supposed to under what the computer perceives as emergency conditions.
 
Never used them, but I think I would welcome false alarm calls from time to time.

That way, I know it's still working like it's supposed to under what the computer perceives as emergency conditions.

I don't have a problem with it calling me. My bride doesn't have a problem with it calling her. However, the third response, if we don't input a cancellation code will go to 911. I did a dry run to both numbers and it worked fine. My wife could hear me from the farthest point in the house. The unit did what the tech specs said it would. I'm just concerned about "misfires" if we are both on the road and can't get the call.
 
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top