English Grammar

Status
Not open for further replies.

Brother John

Puritan Board Sophomore
I would appreciate a recommendation for an online/free English grammar.

Thank you for your recommendations.
 
Last edited:
William Strunk's "The Elements of Style" is a solid one to use.

Hacker's "Rules for Writers" is probably one of the best comprehensive references I've ever had. It's not cheap, but well worth the money paid. Between you and me, it's one of the few textbooks I was GLAD to buy new.
 
Wow! This looks like a great reference for our homeschool; thank you for posting this link.

You are welcome. May God bless the little ones with grace and wisdom to use the riches of our English language for His glory!
 
ATTENTION!!! Do NOT open any of those links. My computer was infected by SECURITY SHIELD virus. It came as a trojan by one of those pages I opened from the links. At least be careful!!!
 
ATTENTION!!! Do NOT open any of those links. My computer was infected by SECURITY SHIELD virus. It came as a trojan by one of those pages I opened from the links. At least be careful!!!

Really? I just ran two different scans and didn't find anything.
 
Same here---used them in class and here at home yesterday with nothing reported by my scan/antivirus programs. Haven't run malwarebytes in a while, but the links are from Purdue University--not usually the source of such stuff.
 
Security Shield is virus for Windows btw. Maybe I just had bad luck. There was some pop-up window and suddenly there was Security Shield downloaded to the computer. I run also malwarebytes and it found Rogue infection C:\Users\mycomputer\AppData\Local\dldgyr.exe.
It's good if any others' computer was not infected.
 
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top