D
Deleted member 13126
Guest
I am just now wading into this topic of Robert Reymond, et al vs. Nicea and am struggling to understand the differences between the two positions and the logical consequences of each.
I’m currently just getting started reading Simply Trinity which is going to help me presumably with the historic view of eternal generation. Robert Reymond’s ST does have a section on eternal generation.
I’ve combed through PB and found posts such as this one with seemingly helpful links, but all the links are broken.
I can clearly discern that hairs are being split, distinctions are being made, etc. But where I’m really struggling is understanding the implications of one position being true vs. the other. I’ve read that in one view the person but not essence is being eternally generated, and that in the other view both are indivisibly being generated. I really want to understand the positions, but all if it kind of makes my head ache. I don’t know if it’s reasonable to expect one side to be charitable toward the other as this is an issue that some may rightly regard as dogmatic, but I am trying to get a balanced view of both sides and their motivations.
Is this something that can be explained more simply? Or is there a text somewhere (online or otherwise) that will give me an overview of both positions and the downstream implications of both views?
I’ll be visiting with Dr. Peter Masters next week and plan to ask him if I have the opportunity, but wanted to go into that somewhat informed.
@RamistThomist, @Contra_Mundum or maybe @Knight?
I’m currently just getting started reading Simply Trinity which is going to help me presumably with the historic view of eternal generation. Robert Reymond’s ST does have a section on eternal generation.
I’ve combed through PB and found posts such as this one with seemingly helpful links, but all the links are broken.
I can clearly discern that hairs are being split, distinctions are being made, etc. But where I’m really struggling is understanding the implications of one position being true vs. the other. I’ve read that in one view the person but not essence is being eternally generated, and that in the other view both are indivisibly being generated. I really want to understand the positions, but all if it kind of makes my head ache. I don’t know if it’s reasonable to expect one side to be charitable toward the other as this is an issue that some may rightly regard as dogmatic, but I am trying to get a balanced view of both sides and their motivations.
Is this something that can be explained more simply? Or is there a text somewhere (online or otherwise) that will give me an overview of both positions and the downstream implications of both views?
I’ll be visiting with Dr. Peter Masters next week and plan to ask him if I have the opportunity, but wanted to go into that somewhat informed.
@RamistThomist, @Contra_Mundum or maybe @Knight?
Last edited by a moderator: