Fake professor blogs

Status
Not open for further replies.

arapahoepark

Puritan Board Doctor
hmm..I found a couple of blogs of people pretending to to be theology professors, one is Faux Tom Ascol and Fake DA carson. Has anyone heard of those and why they have such blogs?
Just curious.
 
I've seen no such blogs, but have seen (and at times, run) various "fake" Twitter accounts of pastors, professors, etc. Usually they're a very obvious satirizing of these people's various quirks, habits, etc.
 
I have heard of the Fake John Piper twitter account that parodies some of the funnier things that Piper does and says. Never heard of an out and out blog though.
 
I found a couple of blogs of people pretending to to be theology professors, one is Faux Tom Ascol and Fake DA carson.

How do you know they are not who they claim to be?
 
I found a couple of blogs of people pretending to to be theology professors, one is Faux Tom Ascol and Fake DA carson.

How do you know they are not who they claim to be?

The words "Faux" or "Fake" in the username or blog name is a pretty good clue. ;)

That does make sense. I didn't realize he was saying that was used in the name for the site. Thank you! With that in mind, I would say they aren't pretending to be them, as much as parodying....just ignore them and move on.
 
I thought the fake DA Carson blog was great...

The tagline is great, "I have a Ph.D., I've written over 50 books, I read 3 books a day, and I'm responsible for cultivating the minds of future pastors, teachers and missionaries. What have you done today?"

It reminds me of tom in the box news
 
I've never seen any of those blogs either. But I'm not online as consistently looking at that kind of thing the way I once was.

Some of those fake Twitter accounts of Christian leaders amass quite a following, sometimes including the person who is being parodied. I know that I've seen some of them (J.D. Greear comes to mind) RT what the fake account has posted.
 
Fake Piper was hilarious.

Agreed. "Sometimes I stare at the wall and pretend I am watching a sitcom where everyone loves one another and loves God. It's not very funny, but then again neither is your idolatry..." is one that comes to mind.
 
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top