Farewell XP

Status
Not open for further replies.

jbergsing

Puritan Board Sophomore
OK, I finally broke down and did it. I bought a new notebook with Vista Home Premium yesterday. My old XP machine was dying so I decided to put it out of it's misery. I'll be transferring all my files over to this machine today and then it gets a full retirement.

I'm sure my laptop's day is coming. It's two years old and working pretty well, but you never know when the other shoe will drop.

I'm sure my laptop's day is coming. It's two years old and working pretty well, but you never know when the other shoe will drop.

You're dropping your shoes on it? Why didn't I think of that? I've tried 'bout everything else.

The problem with my buying the latest thing is that by the time I finally do no one's raving about it anymore. When I finally broke down and retired my ME from service and got an XP, everyone else had already moved on to Vista. By the time I finally get Vista, who knows what everyone will be raving about. By the way, have bell-bottoms gone out of style yet?

I recently purchased a new laptop with Vista. It takes some getting used to. There are a lot of security features that are kind of a pain, especially since I am the only one who uses it.
I have Quickverse, Wordsearch, Pradis and some other programs that I had to spend several days downloading patches for Vista just so my programs would work. Quickverse does not give it for free, it was a cost of $50 but I went ahead and upgraded so I have a lot more books now.
It is kind of a pain but that may be because I am used to XP. I am sure I will get used to it.

My couple months old laptop came with Vista. Yikes! Taking getting used to is an understatement. I also upgraded to Office 2007 at the same time. Between the two, the learning curve has proven a pain, especially when you need to apply patches to old programs. For some reason I couldn't get B-safe to work on Vista at home.

I forgot about Office 2007 that was another $150. I got a good deal on the computer but have so far spent $300 just to that I can use what I already had with Vista :rant:
Trying to figure out Word is a daunting task, especially with no instuctions. I can't even tell what page I am on when typing and have to go to a completely seperate screen to switch to double space. :p

You're dropping your shoes on it? Why didn't I think of that? I've tried 'bout everything else.

:lol:
The problem with my buying the latest thing is that by the time I finally do no one's raving about it anymore. When I finally broke down and retired my ME from service and got an XP, everyone else had already moved on to Vista. By the time I finally get Vista, who knows what everyone will be raving about. By the way, have bell-bottoms gone out of style yet?

I'm the same way. I don't replace anything until it is DEAD!

Although I don't have any bell-bottoms.....[but I need at one time]

I was taking "Outside the Box" thinking lessons, but I was stumped after the first lesson. We were asked to bring a box and then quess what was not in it.

Mine was almost three years old. It's in the closet now. Not really sure what I'm going to do with it.

I forgot about Office 2007 that was another $150. I got a good deal on the computer but have so far spent $300 just to that I can use what I already had with Vista :rant:
Trying to figure out Word is a daunting task, especially with no instuctions. I can't even tell what page I am on when typing and have to go to a completely seperate screen to switch to double space. :p

Bear with Office 2007. It is a fabulous improvement over 2003. It's capabilities are far superior, and you don't need to memorize arcane drop down menu nests. (which I had done). It took me like 2 months and I use Word now faster than I ever did.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back