Finally...

Status
Not open for further replies.
What an awesome book. Read it a few times and listened to it on Mp3 also. My kid Joshua Caleb did his 5th grade book report on it. He got an A. I laminated it.
 
It's a great book. You will enjoy it!! I was hesitant at first. Until I read it. Change my life.
 
My bad. :lol:

I thought about that after I posted it. Thinking that "well I posted it in the Pilgrim's Progress Forum..."...

:lol:


:lol:

It is a great work. I remember when I was in high school it was still on the required reading list along with Mere Christianity,the Screwtape Letters, and Robinson Crusoe. One would be hard pressed to find that on a reading list in public high schools today.
 
It is a great work. I remember when I was in high school it was still on the required reading list along with Mere Christianity,the Screwtape Letters, and Robinson Crusoe. One would be hard pressed to find that on a reading list in public high schools today.

In the bookstore of a community college, several years ago, I saw Jonathan Edwards's sermon "Sinners in the Hands of an Angry God" being sold (in booklet form) as required reading in an English course. God always finds a way to get His Word out.
 
I have to admit that I have never read it in its entirety but I have heard a dramatized word for word audio version that was quite well done.
 
It is a great work. I remember when I was in high school it was still on the required reading list along with Mere Christianity,the Screwtape Letters, and Robinson Crusoe. One would be hard pressed to find that on a reading list in public high schools today.

In the bookstore of a community college, several years ago, I saw Jonathan Edwards's sermon "Sinners in the Hands of an Angry God" being sold (in booklet form) as required reading in an English course. God always finds a way to get His Word out.

I had to read it for 10th Grade English in a Roman Catholic high school.
 
I shall make myself very unpopular and say I didn't particularly like Pilgrim's Progress.

Yes...I did not particularly like "Pilgrims" i.e., Christians...progress either...I thought his progress was quite slow, and being the impatient fellow that I am, I desired he get that burden off his back as soon as possible.

Oh wait...you meant you did not like the actual story.

Are you kidding me...:eek:


note: perhaps I found pilgrims (Christians) progress was too slow because I find such "slowness" in myself.
 
Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top