FPCNA for Baptists?

  • Thread starter Thread starter Deleted member 13126
  • Start date Start date
Status
Not open for further replies.
D

Deleted member 13126

Guest
I recently learned about this denomination and am both surprised and amazed that such a group exists.

Are there any associations or microdenominations akin to the Free Presbyterian Church North America (FPCNA) in the United States which hold to the 1689 or are wholly credobaptist or independent in their ecclesiology?

Thanks in advance!
 
Last edited by a moderator:
The “Points of Practical Emphasis” in their published PDF “Separated Unto The Work of the Gospel” is of particular interest to me. A link to that PDF is below:


Does this help?
That is quite a large range, from abstinence to headcoverings. Further, you want a baptist denomination? Or individual baptist churches? I won't be able to help you here, but the clarifications could help someone else help you.
 
That is quite a large range, from abstinence to headcoverings. Further, you want a baptist denomination? Or individual baptist churches? I won't be able to help you here, but the clarifications could help someone else help you.

A microdenomination or even a single working church identifying themselves as Baptist with some of these distinctives would be very interesting to learn more about.

Stated differently, I’m curious if a church similar to Metropolitan Tabernacle in London (Spurgeon’s Churchh even exists anywhere in the continental US. FPCNA seems very similar in many practical and doctrinal matters to MetTab, though obviously not all.

I appreciate you asking clarifying questions and apologize for the light edits as I am using my phone. <3 :)
 
A microdenomination or even a single working church identifying themselves as Baptist with some of these distinctives would be very interesting to learn more about.

Stated differently, I’m curious if a church similar to Metropolitan Tabernacle in London (Spurgeon’s Churchh even exists anywhere in the continental US. FPCNA seems very similar in many practical and doctrinal matters to MetTab, though obviously not all.

I appreciate you asking clarifying questions and apologize for the light edits as I am using my phone. <3 :)
There's no one church with a large public image (a la Met Tab) that comes to my mind. Perhaps there is, but I see it not. Same goes with associations.

I'm sure there's various Calvinistic-Baptist churches with varying degrees of adoption of certain elements of the FPCNA. Confessional Baptist churches are in my experience not gonna be the places where you find enforced abstinence from alcoholic beverages, universal head coverings, or emphasis upon ecclesiastical separation from the viewpoint of separating from the World Council of Churches or mainline denominations.

Of course, as I'm sure you know, a confessional Baptist church worth its salt will take seriously the Lord's Day, seek purity in the holiness and doctrine of its members and in its association with other churches, have male-only officers, and have a historic Protestant understanding of marriage and divorce. I know of atleast several churches where headcoverings are predominant, but beyond that, the rest are pretty foreign to Confessional Baptist church culture.
 
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top