Free Credit Report

Status
Not open for further replies.
Have you tried AnnualCreditReport.com? If you follow the links to the credit reporting companies you can get a free credit report from each, but I don't remember what kind of information they ask for.
 
Have you tried AnnualCreditReport.com? If you follow the links to the credit reporting companies you can get a free credit report from each, but I don't remember what kind of information they ask for.


You can use this service (www.annualcreditreport.com) to get your credit report 3 times each year. Each credit service is required to give you a free report once a year when you ask. Just request the report from a different service every 4 months - Experian, Equifax, Transunion.

I forget what information you need to give them, but there is no charge. I had to (at least) give them my SS#. And then they asked my some multiple-choice questions to confirm my ID. It's a fairly painless process. I've put it on my calendar as a reoccurring appointment.
 
I know it's not free but last year I decided it was worth it to actually pay about $12/month to have my credit monitored by Equifax. It gives me instant access to my credit report as well as e-mail alerts when some change to my credit is occurring. With identity theft a big issue (especially with a bunch of SSN's being compromised last year), I'd rather pay to have my credit report monitored than risk the huge mess I would have to clean up if someone stole my identity.
 
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top