Freemasonry

Status
Not open for further replies.
Aren't masonry beliefs in conflict with Christianity? Like you go through various levels of knowledge to find divine truth. And this truth has nothing to do with the God of the Bible? I could be mistaken, but this is what I had heard.
 
I've been asked to join a few times over the years and the invite has come up again so I thought I start a thread.
 
That's interesting...you're not supposed to be "invited" to become a freemason. They can give you material, but they are supposed to wait for you to ask them to join.

I was told that when in a freemason meeting you are not allowed to mention Jesus...that's enough for me. If they don't want my Savior they don't want me.
 
That's interesting...you're not supposed to be "invited" to become a freemason. They can give you material, but they are supposed to wait for you to ask them to join.

I was told that when in a freemason meeting you are not allowed to mention Jesus...that's enough for me. If they don't want my Savior they don't want me.

I was asked to join as well. My grandfather was a freemason. I've heard some wild stories about it and don't really care to join.
 
SBC has freemasonry activity in it...

I agree, but it's funny because the SBC itself strongly opposes lodge membership.

From the SBC's site: About Us - Basic Beliefs

19. What is the SBC's stance on "Freemasonry?"

The SBC passed a resolution in 1992 opposing membership and participation in organizations that contradict the Bible (SBC Resolution: RESOLUTION ON CHRISTIAN WITNESS AND VOLUNTARY ASSOCIATIONS), but these resolutions are not binding upon local churches.

In its 1993 report, the SBC stated that there were aspects of Freemasonry that are incompatible with Christianity. The main conclusion of the report states:

We conclude that many tenets and teachings of Freemasonry are not compatible with Christianity or Southern Baptist doctrine.

I have an uncle who is both a Freemason and SBC, and try as I might to show him, he refuses to see the incompatibilities. I think many of them are convinced that they are "going to the next level" in getting closer to God.
 
Yeah, unfortunately with the SBC almost EVERYTHING is "Non-binding on the local Churches" They are the denomination that isn't a denomination.

If you go the to the link, you'll see that they also have a few articles from the N.A.M.B. that also opposes F.M.
 
Definitely not a Free Mason!

No desire to bow at the altar of their generic god, "the master architect of the universe." (sounds more like a saturday morning cartoon character than a diety to me) :2cents:
 
This is a very touchy subject in my home as my Father-in-law is a 33 degree Mason and is in "leadership" as well as being a Shrine-member and a clown.

My heart goes out to you. This is a very touchy subject in many homes and churches.

I believe that Freemasonry and Arminianism complement each other in the sense that both are works of ones own will towards being a better person.

I have read "Morals and Dogma" by Albert Pike and have come to the conclusion that freemasonry is a religion on its own.
 
National Treasure 7
With Nicholas Cage as Puritan Board Administrator Rich
NationalTreasureRichLeino-1.jpg


The Puritan Board search for the Masons among us! You can run, but you can't hide. We will find you! We will get you! We will catechize you!​
 
Last edited:
Free Masonry is no joke. My family has deep roots of Scottish Rite Masonry. Thankfully, my grandfather broke that chain at the end of his life. He was a 33rd degree and was 'way up' the chain in his state. The Lord opened his eyes and he spilled the beans to us men. I could go on for hours on this. But, it would no be appropriate.
 
Free Masonry is no joke. My family has deep roots of Scottish Rite Masonry. Thankfully, my grandfather broke that chain at the end of his life. He was a 33rd degree and was 'way up' the chain in his state. The Lord opened his eyes and he spilled the beans to us men. I could go on for hours on this. But, it would no be appropriate.

Please excuse me if I seem too be too lighthearted about it. But as bad as it is and as much as I'm against it, when I was a "Charismaniac", I (and many in the church I went to at the time) prayed against the "Masonic spirit" all the time. I worried about it, fretted over it and could tell you about any time a group of Shriners broke a champagne bottle against a federal building to christen it. I have pounded the truth of the ML into my boy's minds for years and I don't repent of one word that I've spoken on the matter. But I must say that it was very liberating a few years ago to shed the fear of this junk and go on with my life. It's not healthy to worry about it or to make it a great point of focus.

"Did you know that the world is being run by a secret society that everybody knows about?" - Dr. Bob Morey :rolleyes:
 
SBC has freemasonry activity in it, Billy Graham is a freemason

Can you show proof that Graham is a Freemason?

I used to check out the list that had Billy Graham's name as a Mason on the Net from time to time. But now I can't seem to find it. I know from reading his bio years ago (I'm such a Graham fan that I threw the book away. The book was given to me in the first place or I wouldn't have owned it) that he used a lodge to hold some of his first meetings. While I am by no means a Billy Graham fan nor do I promote or even approve of the Mason Lodge, I do believe that it seems to be misinformation about Graham being a Mason.

This (below) came from a web site that I also don't promote but they seem to be a group that is interested in clearing up misinformation.


Reverend Billy Graham - Sometimes referred to as 'America's Minister', Rev. Graham is frequently identified as a Mason by religious intolerants whose ideology is different from his. They feel, apparently, that connecting him with Freemasonry will smear his outstanding abilities and his life-long commitment to his faith. In the earliest days of the world wide web (we seem to recall it was about 1994), a listing of famous Freemasons appeared on the web site of the Grand Lodge of Louisiana, USA. Dr. Graham's name appeared on the list in error based on an assumption by the person who prepared it. (No, it isn't a conspiracy to hide anything! In fact, it's likely that the information may have come from the book by former Mason Jim Shaw who lied that he had received the 33rd Degree of the Scottish Rite with Rev. Graham in attendance. Since Shaw never received that honor, clearly there is nothing to his claim. Read about it here!) Since then, though, unsubstantiated claims have flown about on the internet and one of the most frequent questions we receive dealing with specific individuals concerns Dr. Graham. The simple fact - as substantiated by his organization - is that he is FAR too involved with his ministry to devote time to any other organization. Like other recognizable leaders who are not Masons, Dr. Graham has from time to time been present at Masonic or Masonic-family events. There is a picture sometimes found on the web of him attending a DeMolay public installation of officers. Over his lifetime, Dr. Graham has attended thousands of meetings of groups. To state that Rev. Graham held Masonic membership simply based on his attendance was an assumption by that webmaster of the most absurd proportions. Regretfully, most of those who insist that Rev. Graham is a Mason are those who want to smear both him and the fraternity.

Mason Jeff Armstrong in Illinois has also noted that when Dr. Graham was a student at Wheaton College in Wheaton, Illinois, he rented the Masonic Hall for his weekly sermons. This could have easily caused many to assume that he was somehow connected with Freemasonry not realizing that many Masonic Halls in the US are available for rental purposes (although some jurisdictions prohibit it).

And there are still a couple of dozen rants left over on the web from religious intolerants who want to name every prominent religious leader as a Mason as if this were somehow a terrible thing. For the record, neither Oral Roberts, Jerry Falwell, or Kenneth Copeland are Masons either. You'll note that NONE of the material making these claims can cite where these men were supposedly members but instead rely on absurd claims that they're "secret" members. No such thing, folks. In fact, you'll note that the claims regarding Copeland all have similar wording. Why? They all came from the fantasy of a single anti-Masonic website created by conspiracy-obsessed Mark Flynn. It definitely proves the old saw that a lie can travel around the world while the truth is still putting on its socks!

See link Famous Non-Masons
 
I am a 1st degree freemason.

I was converted a few weeks later and have never had contact with it again.
 
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top