Freemasonry

Status
Not open for further replies.
The guy that asked me to come out said they have a few drinks and smoke cigars.

Hey! Let's go, have a beer and a stoggie and then tell them we're not interested. :lol:

That's what I was thinking...unless they lay out their plans to control the world using the Colonial Sanders special recipe, I'm walking!

:lol:
Oh man! Now you're gonna have me all paranoid when somebody brings home a bucket.... :mad:
 
The guy that asked me to come out said they have a few drinks and smoke cigars.

Hey! Let's go, have a beer and a stoggie and then tell them we're not interested. :lol:

That's what I was thinking...unless they lay out their plans to control the world using the Colonial Sanders special recipe, I'm walking!

:lol:

So I Married An Axe Murderer:

Stuart Mackenzie: Well, it's a well known fact, Sonny Jim, that there's a secret society of the five wealthiest people in the world, known as The Pentavirate, who run everything in the world, including the newspapers, and meet tri-annually at a secret country mansion in Colorado, known as The Meadows.
Tony Giardino: So who's in this Pentavirate?
Stuart Mackenzie: The Queen, The Vatican, The Gettys, The Rothschilds, *and* Colonel Sanders before he went *** up. Oh, I hated the Colonel with is wee *beady* eyes, and that smug look on his face. "Oh, you're gonna buy my chicken! Ohhhhh!"
Charlie Mackenzie: Dad, how can you hate "The Colonel"?
Stuart Mackenzie: Because he puts an addictive chemical in his chicken that makes ya crave it fortnightly...!
 
I have heard that the SBC has an unusually large number of ministers who are/have been Freemasons. One list cites the following (all with significant documentation):

B.H. Carroll
David E. Moore
George W. Truett
J.B. Lawrence
James C. Bryant
James Huckins
James P. Wesberry
John T. Christian
Joseph Samuel Murrow
L.R. Scarborough
Louie D. Newton
Richard A. McLemore
Robert E. Baylor
W.T. Conner
W.W. Barnes
William R. White
William Tryon
William W. Hamilton

Another source alleges: "A 1991 survey by the Southern Baptist Convention Sunday School Board found that 14% of SBC pastors and 18% of SBC deacon board chairs were Masons; it is also estimated that SBC members comprise 37% of total U.S. lodge membership. (A 2000 updated SBC report found that over 1,000 SBC pastors are Masons.)."

Evidently there is a cultural component as well. I do not know a single pastor in SoCal who is a Mason.


37% is a heavy number. Perhaps Pergamum or another member with first-hand experience with FM can attest to this, but I know mystery-religion intentionally hides symbolic meaning from initiates, until you increase in degree and are revealed more and more truth.

It is catastrophic that so many SBC pastors are FM, and not to apologia, but what is catastrophic is that freemasonry may in fact be cultural and lower-degree freemason SBC pastors may be ignorant to what (and what god) is really behind the G.

On the idea of culture, my pastor's wife's father was a mason and she was given the title of "eastern star" or something when she was younger although it has no substance for her now.

Its almost as if being raised FM puts your hope and identity in masonic symbolism rather than the cross...

Living just outside of the city of Meridian (the Masonry Capitol of Mississippi) and having attended SBC's here (been a member of a couple in the past) I can attest to the fact that there are many churches here that are overrun with Freemasons and virtually run by them. I could also drive you around this county and show you several SBC's and a couple of Methodists churches that literally have the lodge directly across the road from them... FACING them! You can look at some of them and see very obviously that the same people who built the church buildings built the lodge across the street. Two in particular that come to mind look to have been built from the very same building materials. I could even take you to a "black" church... (Sorry folks ... we still have them here ... not my fault!) ... but I could take you to a "black" church that literally has a steel plaque boasting that the "cornerstone" was placed there by a certain lodge. To my black (Colored? African American?) friends, please don't think I'm picking on you. The two largest and most ancient (one is a historical landmark) graveyards in town ("white" churches) have the Masonic symbols on almost every tombstone! Sometimes I wonder if that isn't the very reason that this old town began to stop growing many years ago.:(

"Colored"? What year is this?
 
37% is a heavy number. Perhaps Pergamum or another member with first-hand experience with FM can attest to this, but I know mystery-religion intentionally hides symbolic meaning from initiates, until you increase in degree and are revealed more and more truth.

It is catastrophic that so many SBC pastors are FM, and not to apologia, but what is catastrophic is that freemasonry may in fact be cultural and lower-degree freemason SBC pastors may be ignorant to what (and what god) is really behind the G.

On the idea of culture, my pastor's wife's father was a mason and she was given the title of "eastern star" or something when she was younger although it has no substance for her now.

Its almost as if being raised FM puts your hope and identity in masonic symbolism rather than the cross...

Living just outside of the city of Meridian (the Masonry Capitol of Mississippi) and having attended SBC's here (been a member of a couple in the past) I can attest to the fact that there are many churches here that are overrun with Freemasons and virtually run by them. I could also drive you around this county and show you several SBC's and a couple of Methodists churches that literally have the lodge directly across the road from them... FACING them! You can look at some of them and see very obviously that the same people who built the church buildings built the lodge across the street. Two in particular that come to mind look to have been built from the very same building materials. I could even take you to a "black" church... (Sorry folks ... we still have them here ... not my fault!) ... but I could take you to a "black" church that literally has a steel plaque boasting that the "cornerstone" was placed there by a certain lodge. To my black (Colored? African American?) friends, please don't think I'm picking on you. The two largest and most ancient (one is a historical landmark) graveyards in town ("white" churches) have the Masonic symbols on almost every tombstone! Sometimes I wonder if that isn't the very reason that this old town began to stop growing many years ago.:(

"Colored"? What year is this?

LOL My point exactly! I've lost touch! What the heck am I supposed to say? :lol: I've already been corrected about "Oriental!" LOL
 
Kalawine,

It's inappropriate to take God's name in vain ...even just the initials.

Please pardon me! I get carried away sometimes when I'm kidding around and I really didn't stop to think about what I was doing. You can believe me or not but I've seen that one used many times and I don't think I've ever used it before now. Of course, that doesn't excuse my doing it now. I truly do repent and ask for your forgiveness as well as the board's and of course, my Lord's.
 
Please pardon me! I get carried away sometimes when I'm kidding around and I really didn't stop to think about what I was doing. You can believe me or not but I've seen that one used many times and I don't think I've ever used it before now. Of course, that doesn't excuse my doing it now. I truly do repent and ask for your forgiveness as well as the board's and of course, my Lord's.

I certainly forgive you. And i also understand how easy it is to get caught up in the moment...especially with internet acronyms.

I appreciate you editing the post.
 
Please pardon me! I get carried away sometimes when I'm kidding around and I really didn't stop to think about what I was doing. You can believe me or not but I've seen that one used many times and I don't think I've ever used it before now. Of course, that doesn't excuse my doing it now. I truly do repent and ask for your forgiveness as well as the board's and of course, my Lord's.

I certainly forgive you. And i also understand how easy it is to get caught up in the moment...especially with internet acronyms.

I appreciate you editing the post.

I was MORE than glad to edit the post and I thank you for pointing my sin to me because that will keep me from using it in the future. I appreciate your boldness and Godliness my dear Brother!
 
Please pardon me! I get carried away sometimes when I'm kidding around and I really didn't stop to think about what I was doing. You can believe me or not but I've seen that one used many times and I don't think I've ever used it before now. Of course, that doesn't excuse my doing it now. I truly do repent and ask for your forgiveness as well as the board's and of course, my Lord's.

I certainly forgive you. And i also understand how easy it is to get caught up in the moment...especially with internet acronyms.

I appreciate you editing the post.

I was MORE than glad to edit the post and I thank you for pointing my sin to me because that will keep me from using it in the future. I appreciate your boldness and Godliness my dear Brother!

First off, my apologies for this quick thread-jack but I think it's important to point out this exchange. Both kalawine and larryjf, I commend both of your actions here. Too many times people are guilty of not doing the right thing. Thank you both for this Godly example of behavior. It is times like this that I'm thankful for being part of this Puritanboard community. May God bless you both! :applause:

We now return you to your regularly scheduled topic of Freemasonry. Discuss.
 
I certainly forgive you. And i also understand how easy it is to get caught up in the moment...especially with internet acronyms.

I appreciate you editing the post.

I was MORE than glad to edit the post and I thank you for pointing my sin to me because that will keep me from using it in the future. I appreciate your boldness and Godliness my dear Brother!

First off, my apologies for this quick thread-jack but I think it's important to point out this exchange. Both kalawine and larryjf, I commend both of your actions here. Too many times people are guilty of not doing the right thing. Thank you both for this Godly example of behavior. It is times like this that I'm thankful for being part of this Puritanboard community. May God bless you both! :applause:

We now return you to your regularly scheduled topic of Freemasonry. Discuss.

Thank you my Brother! I have been trying lately to maintain a humble attitude. I believe that it is a hard thing for each and every one of us as we are fallen in nature and our first reaction is normally to defend ourselves. Please keep me in your prayers that I will/can continue in my humility. I have also been VERY blessed by my Brother, larryJF, because if he was just an arrogant busy body he could have wallowed as a victor in my sin. Instead he accepted my acceptance of his correction and went on about his way. I believe that is a sign that he was truly correcting me as a brother and not as an arrogant know-it-all who simply wanted to win an argument. I have found myself on many occasions wanting just to win arguments. Thank God for his grace that he is pulling me out of that hole! May he continue in his gift of grace for without it I don't have a chance!
 
I believe freemasonry to be a 'salvation by works' theology.
It is highly motivated by moralistic duties performed with a legalistic attitude.
This facade is masqueraded as a secret religion for the good of their fellow man.

count me OUT.

Give me Christ alone by Grace alone by Faith alone.

R
 
With the general themes in my frat and the themes I have observed in the Masons, I'm beginning to think that all secret fraternities were started by the same guy with an obsession with the Knights Templar and the Crusades.

I bet it's the same guy who wrote National Treasure.
 
I have heard that the SBC has an unusually large number of ministers who are/have been Freemasons. One list cites the following (all with significant documentation):

B.H. Carroll
David E. Moore
George W. Truett
J.B. Lawrence
James C. Bryant
James Huckins
James P. Wesberry
John T. Christian
Joseph Samuel Murrow
L.R. Scarborough
Louie D. Newton
Richard A. McLemore
Robert E. Baylor
W.T. Conner
W.W. Barnes
William R. White
William Tryon
William W. Hamilton

Another source alleges: "A 1991 survey by the Southern Baptist Convention Sunday School Board found that 14% of SBC pastors and 18% of SBC deacon board chairs were Masons; it is also estimated that SBC members comprise 37% of total U.S. lodge membership. (A 2000 updated SBC report found that over 1,000 SBC pastors are Masons.)."

Evidently there is a cultural component as well. I do not know a single pastor in SoCal who is a Mason.


37% is a heavy number. Perhaps Pergamum or another member with first-hand experience with FM can attest to this, but I know mystery-religion intentionally hides symbolic meaning from initiates, until you increase in degree and are revealed more and more truth.

[...]

In fact, even the 33 degree Mason is considered a "porch mason" by the "in-the-knows." A "porch mason" is used for the express purpose as a buffer between "real" masons and the general public. The porch masons are those that join because of lodge activities. Most masons fall in this category.

I have not met a Christian, that has done the research I have (I am no expert), and did not absolutely denounce this demonic organization.
 
Last edited:
Here's a secret Mason handshake...
fcreal.gif


Mark 4:22 - For nothing is hidden except to be made manifest; nor is anything secret except to come to light.
 
Hey! Let's go, have a beer and a stoggie and then tell them we're not interested. :lol:

That's what I was thinking...unless they lay out their plans to control the world using the Colonial Sanders special recipe, I'm walking!

:lol:

So I Married An Axe Murderer:

Stuart Mackenzie: Well, it's a well known fact, Sonny Jim, that there's a secret society of the five wealthiest people in the world, known as The Pentavirate, who run everything in the world, including the newspapers, and meet tri-annually at a secret country mansion in Colorado, known as The Meadows.
Tony Giardino: So who's in this Pentavirate?
Stuart Mackenzie: The Queen, The Vatican, The Gettys, The Rothschilds, *and* Colonel Sanders before he went *** up. Oh, I hated the Colonel with is wee *beady* eyes, and that smug look on his face. "Oh, you're gonna buy my chicken! Ohhhhh!"
Charlie Mackenzie: Dad, how can you hate "The Colonel"?
Stuart Mackenzie: Because he puts an addictive chemical in his chicken that makes ya crave it fortnightly...!
And just now they come out with the Colonel's Cravin' Filet to bring this conspiracy to its culmination. It is futile to resist.... We will be assimilated.
 
If you want to read the oaths and rituals pick up a little book called Duncan's Ritual. I loaned it to a brother at church when he was offended that I said something against free-masonry. He didn't like the judging posture because his grandfather is a mason and a "good" man. I wasn't mean, mind you. He just didn't like my take. He borrowed the book and gave it back a month later without really commenting. I gave him and over view and told him what to look for too.

The biggest issue for me aside from the blood oaths and gnostic positions is the re-birth one goes through in the lodge. You dress up like Hiram Abiff, the imaginary character masonry is based on, and you play him as he goes through being murdered while blind-folded. Once dead the masonic distress signal is given by all the masons standing around as you lie "dead." You are eventually risen back to life with the true grip of the master mason upon the five points of fellowship. During which time you are given the substitute for the secret word of masonry.

As a Christian, this ritual of resurrection does not sit well with me at all. Christianity is compatible with Masonry, but not vice versa in my opinion. Masonry can accept any religion that professes to believe in god though here in the South you'll find that lodges mostly use the Bible upon with to swear blood oaths and open and close the lodge.

Historically masons were not supposed to ask anyone to join and most of the time would not even respond right away upon the first time someone asks about it. However, numbers have been in decline for some years now so I understand that people are being asked to join sometimes.

I don't see anything profitable about a Christian to join a Masonic lodge.
 
The other night I read a brief chapter on the Masons by a Mason and it sound like the Joe Smith doctrine of progressive godhood-ism or whatever they called it.

I'm not interested.
 
Can you show proof that Graham is a Freemason?

There is no need to speculate on this, contact Mr Graham's ministry and ask.

The Ninth Commandment and other biblical principles would require we not base or debate this on innuendo.

Like I said previously this has been done.

here is the info from the masons mouth:
Sec. 3, Anti-masonry Frequently Asked Questions

......

I have seen many discussion about freemasonry fall apart because of false claims about who were members.


I seek no other thing than to bring the body of believers closer together in a bond of love; my last desire is to forfeit the well-being of the body for correctness of knowledge. However, I cannot tolerate evil. I hate the deceitfulness of organizations like freemasonry because of the ill-effect they have on our brotherhood.

It is wrong when, in the local church, respecting a person's choice to practice freemasonry has superiority over being truthful with them about the reality behind their practice! If it is taboo to raise one's voice against such darkness in a local church, where is true fellowship? where is having the same mind, the mind of Christ? where is love?

Freemasonry IS a religion; they have a set of practices dictated by a set of beliefs, as well as heirarchy and symbolism, which bring its followers to supposed higher intimacy and greater illumination with "The Great Architect of the Universe." THESE PEOPLE ARE IN BONDAGE, and it brings sorrow to my soul when I see a fellow Christian in such a yoke, neglecting the freedom and joy which is found only in Christ! And I should be silent about this and those associated with it for the sake of following a commandment? Blasphemy. If a discussion about freemasonry falls apart because of false claims about its members, what a devastation!, the conversation should flourish because... look at what we were saved from, and look what others aren't saved from. I find greater love in suffering humiliation for exposing another's sin for his own benefit than the sort of love which comes from people "liking me" because I never open my mouth about their error. Billy Graham should know the reproach he brings on Jesus' name through his association with Freemasons, Presidents, and Catholics. There is no avoiding this.

And, I did wrong in blatantly stating, without any solid evidence, that Billy was a freemason. But, I never said he was a Catholic, either. My point is not to prove whether he is a freemason, or prove that he is a Catholic, but rather shine light on his ultra-apparent yoke with these people. Should a Christian who has been given such influence portray Christ the way he does? He has multiple freemasons at high positions in the BGEA and sacrifices sound doctrine for unity with the Papacy; what a departure from the old Billy, eh?

I did not mean to bring this whole discussion back to life, but wanted to state that I am not seeking vainglory in posting these things, but rather informing all in love, praying that some will understand that it is not "easy" to be a Christian in a church that literally praises Billy Graham and is willfully blind to what he stands for now.

:think:

I want to throw this quote into the mix:

"No one owns God, just as surely as no one owns "truth." Not one among us can be truly certain about the nature of God, so "Great Architect of the Universe" is a particularly apt reference to the Deity, as the reference acknowledges both the design and the designer without staking a claim on some exclusive jurisdiction. Deists, Christians - both Catholic and Protestant - Hindus, Muslims, Buddhists, and men of many other faiths have been welcomed into our Fraternity. One point of commonality is their belief in the one God. Masons believe there is one God and one God only. Masons also know that since time immemorial, people have employed many different ways of seeking and expressing what they know of God, of their experiences and relationship with that which transcends all knowing.

Though the Deity has been called by many sectarian names through the ages, perhaps Lao-Tzu's description of the "Tao" or "the Way" best clears away the robes, trappings, trumpery, and shadows surrounding the mystery to which we bow with reverence.

In the first chapter of the "Te-Tao Ching," it is written: The Tao that can be told is not the eternal Tao. The name that can be named is not the eternal name. The nameless is the beginning of heaven and earth. The named is the mother of ten thousand things. Ever without desire, one can see the mystery. Ever desiring, one can see the manifestations. These two spring from the same source but differ in name. This appears as darkness. Darkness within darkness. The gate to all mystery.

Masonic use of the title "Great Architect of the Universe" is our reverential denotation of the Deity, of that eternal name which cannot be named." (SOURCE: California Freemason Online, The Meaning of "the Great Architect of the Universe")
 
Last edited:
Mattew1034:

You just made some excellent points about Masons in the church.

Once upon a time when I had decided to leave the Presbyterian mainline for good, and take my family with me, we went shopping for a good reformed and evangelical church.

One church we visited, at the conclusion I told Mrs. J, we are not coming back here. This place is crawling with Masons. I knew that as a former Mason who had repented and renounced it by demitting from the lodge. I can spot them a mile away.

From the worship, and especially from the sermon, I had the impression of a very weak pastor whose hands were tied. I suspected that either he was clueless, or that he was allowed to say certain things and not others. I was like, we're out of here.
 
I once visited an SBC Church where they were having an "Honor the Masons Day". I scurried out pretty quick.
 
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top