Get rid of the devil????

Status
Not open for further replies.

Scott Bushey

Puritanboard Commissioner
Do you like the little devil icon that pops up in your threads when you use the word "devil"?
 
No I hate it. . . I constantly add "_" to the word so it is not that cheesy little icon.
 
Well, I like the little guy, BUT...

Only when I want to say something mischievous. When we're actually talking about "himself", I think it detracts from the seriousness of the matter.

Next to convincing us he doesn't exist, I think making him seem cute & funny (rather than evil & destructive) is one of his best tricks.

:wr50:
 
Forgive me

I can be too serious but the devil, how about, must be kept "real" as possible so as not to treat him lightly. Nor use the little icon to playfully get around a sin in our life. It's not straight up.
 
[quote:cd726e6cc2]
You take the dictator route? Don't you want to hear from your constituants?
[/quote:cd726e6cc2]

No.
What, did you thinkt he board was based on democracy? Save that for the political forum! :D

The funny little red devil is annoying. I've always ahted it.

Next, I'm gonna delete that wierd looking cigar symbol under your name's signature.....hehehehe :cool:
 
[quote:2191b0457b]
What if I thought they were all dippy.
[/quote:2191b0457b]

Stay The Course,

Now THAT could be the beginning of a genuine fight! The Bouncy family is very near and dear to many of us!

:sumo:

:biggrin:
 
Get rid of it. It violates the Second commandment. May as well have angel icons everywhere.

JK

I think its ok. makes the devil look like the idiot he is.
 
Read with tongue in cheek!

[quote:bb519123d4]
When I was a child...but when I became a man...
[/quote:bb519123d4]

Well, we can't all be MAH-TURE like you!

All together now, "When you're sliding into first, and you're feeling something burst..."

Sorry. Couldn't resist. The :wr30: made me do it!
 
I hate the d'evil and his little smiley icon.

The d.evil is not a little red guy with horns.

I'm with Matt!

Phillip

[Edited on 4-8-04 by pastorway]
 
When I voted get rid of it, I meant to make it so that when you type it does not appear when you put in the words d.evil or s.atan. As far as leaving it as an available smiley, I don't care. I just don't want it popping up in my posts when I talk about our Adversary.

Phillip
 
Litmus test for little things like this

Those that have the power to change things what would your heros do? Especially at their finest. As leaders, don't deny, you influence the rest of us directly and indirectly.

You sanctify yourselves to the nth degree, especially with this site (the only one I go to) and I and the others benefit.

The devil ain't the main issue. It's the sanctification of the site for His glory to the nth degree.

Beware the little foxes
 
Consign it to eternal flames . . .


[img:744a37185f]http://63.147.65.169/fire10.gif[/img:744a37185f]
 
[quote:76e91437c7]
As leaders, don't deny, you influence the rest of us directly and indirectly.
[/quote:76e91437c7]

Stay The Course,

Very valid point. Hope I didn't come off too silly; I have an immature streak that comes out to play every now and then. My sister regularly convinces people she's OLDER than I am (even though she's 7 years YOUNGER) because she's super serious and I think the Stooges are hilarious. LOL.

You're only young once, but you can be immature forever.

So I must defend the Bouncys...they're toooo cute!

;)
 
JWJ,

Are you talking to me, or just making a general comment?

Wait, Say it like DeNiro,"Are you talkin' to me?!?!"
:cool:
 
[quote:497290bed6]
Please don't take away, otherwise I wouldn't have much to say.
[/quote:497290bed6]

See, think of poor Gregg! How could you threaten to take his bouncys away?!? The man needs his bouncys! Shame on you, you callous, heartless man!

I'm glad you get my sense of humor, STC. I really don't mean anything harmful. When I'm typing, nothing seems mean or sharp-tongued. I think the bouncys do a good job of getting the mood across, since we can't see each other.

Did you like my DeNiro impression? I also do Pacino. "Who do trust? Me!"
 
Get rid of that devil icon. It irritates me.

(By the way... this post takes me to 667... i was uncomfortable staying at 666 for too long!!!)
 
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top