Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.
Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.
Originally posted by Scott
Is it true that Longstreet strongly opposed the attack and preferred a defensive war of digging in?

Originally posted by Plimoth Thom
The most important error the Confederates made at Gettysburg was that they allowed the Union troops to occupy Culp's Hill/Cemetary Ridge at the end of the first day. The second biggest error was that they did not take Little Round Top on the second day. The battle was lost after that. Lee could have disengaged and retired to fight on different ground, but that would have been extremely hard to do in the face of superior numbers.


Originally posted by VirginiaHuguenot
Okay, Timecop!![]()
Originally posted by Scott
Ok, not really "church" history, but what were the major strategic or tactical errors that led to a Confederate loss at Gettysburg? Is it true that Longstreet strongly opposed the attack and preferred a defensive war of digging in?

Originally posted by ChristopherPaul
Alright, now I am curious.
I see there are a lot of Rebels around here.
What made the south the "good guys"?


Originally posted by VirginiaHuguenot
Originally posted by ChristopherPaul
Alright, now I am curious.
I see there are a lot of Rebels around here.
What made the south the "good guys"?
![]()
Originally posted by Bladestunner316
Lincoln made the South good guys!!!!
Originally posted by ChristopherPaul
Alright, now I am curious.
I see there are a lot of Rebels around here.
What made the south the "good guys"?
Originally posted by ChristopherPaul
Alright, now I am curious.
I see there are a lot of Rebels around here.
What made the south the "good guys"?
Just finished Killer Angels. It portrayed Longstreet as adamant against the Gettysburg assault and thinking about resigning instead of leading it. What do people think of the book?
Originally posted by ChristopherPaul
Alright, now I am curious.
I see there are a lot of Rebels around here.
What made the south the "good guys"?
Originally posted by BaptistInCrisis
Originally posted by ChristopherPaul
Alright, now I am curious.
I see there are a lot of Rebels around here.
What made the south the "good guys"?
They weren't. They were traitors. They lost. Union preserved. End of story.
Originally posted by BaptistInCrisis
Originally posted by ChristopherPaul
Alright, now I am curious.
I see there are a lot of Rebels around here.
What made the south the "good guys"?
They weren't. They were traitors. They lost. Union preserved. End of story.