Gettysburg

Status
Not open for further replies.
Originally posted by BaptistInCrisis
Originally posted by ChristopherPaul
Alright, now I am curious.

I see there are a lot of Rebels around here.

What made the south the "good guys"?

They weren't. They were traitors. They lost. Union preserved. End of story.

Bill,
Why were they traitors?
I don't think the Union was preserved. I believe it was made at this point.
Also, what do you believe were the major reasons the War between the states started?
 
Originally posted by LadyFlynt
Originally posted by BaptistInCrisis
Originally posted by ChristopherPaul
Alright, now I am curious.

I see there are a lot of Rebels around here.

What made the south the "good guys"?

They weren't. They were traitors. They lost. Union preserved. End of story.

One thing I want to point out on here...when the southerners speak of the war they attack the ppl in charge and the actions that ensued, they don't attack the entire north as you have just done with the south. In truth, I don't think you would take it too kindly if northerners were called tyrants.

Play nice boys or I'll shut it down. (and I mean both yanks and rebs!)

[Edited on 9-22-2005 by LadyFlynt]

Actually, the South vs. North vs. South vs. North quarrelling will stop right now in this thread. Take it to one of the 97 threads in the Politics, or News forums.

The next post that is not directly related to military manoevers and military history gets this baby closed.
 
I would like to say one thing. This isn't a race thing for me. I hope no one thinks it is. Red, Yellow, Black, and White we are precious in His sight.
 
I can't believe that no one has mentioned Gingrich's Gettysburg. It is a great read and shows how Lee could have won.

A little known fact that would have changed the course of the war was that of the dirt. Yep, you should read my GGGrandfather's accound of the fussilade that they unleashed. The dirt was so soft where the Southern artillery was set that the tails dug deeply and the round went beyond the lines and hit in the rear. Had that incredible cannonade went as plans there would have been no Union lines on the hill tops. The gunners, of which he was one, could not depress their weapons sufficiently to maintain elevations that had effect.
 
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top