Good Church in Seattle, WA?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Philbeck - lol. :)

Seriously, though, it depends on what you're looking for when you say "good reformed". There's quite a few churches, but finding one that meets your definition of that may be quite a challenge.

Anyways, LMK better what you're looking for . . . or if you have questions about specific churches, feel free to PM me, cause I've been to a handful of them. (But I don't want to go dissing other churches in public).

Hey S. Roper...when you come to Seattle we should hang out. My Wifey and I'll have you over for dinner.

If I get accepted to UW (I am *still* waiting for the letter!), then I will probably move to the Redmond area. I am interested in knowing if there are any good reformed baptist churches in the area.

We are in Lynnwood which is 15-20 mins North of Seattle. I think our church is Rock Star cool. Especially if you are a student of theology. We have really great Conferences every year with great speakers from WSC and we have Northwest Theological Seminary out of our church so you can audit classes when there is a class you are interested in.

We have a good mixture of young families and older families. Leaning a little toward the younger side. We have lots of children but we have a few singles also. We are fairly conservative. Not EP but sing at least one Psalm usually every service. Here is our website: http://www.lynnwoodopc.org/home.html

No, no, they'd have been there for years. They were members of my reformed baptist church in Sacramento, CA when they were in their teens and moved up to the SeaTac area after they got married about four or five years ago. They go to a reformed baptist church, but I don't know which one. I thought it might be yours because it is in Tacoma. They might be closer to Seattle or Kirkland.

You'd like them. Everybody does. :) I'm still in tight with their moms. I'll just ask!

No, no, they'd have been there for years. They were members of my reformed baptist church in Sacramento, CA when they were in their teens and moved up to the SeaTac area after they got married about four or five years ago. They go to a reformed baptist church, but I don't know which one. I thought it might be yours because it is in Tacoma. They might be closer to Seattle or Kirkland.

You'd like them. Everybody does. :) I'm still in tight with their moms. I'll just ask!

There's a RB church in SeaTac - which I think is where Nse currently goes, actually. That might be the one. :)

From (who we are):
Hence, Mars Hill Church is in favor of good beer (in moderation), great sex (in marriage), and even tattoos (Jesus has one). But our goal must always be love and concern for our friends so that we don’t enjoy our freedom at the expense of their faith.

In this way, we are seeking to simultaneously heed the Bible’s commands to have sound doctrine (1Timothy 4:16; Titus 1:9, 2:1), to love our Christian brothers and sisters (1 Peter 4:8; 1 John 4:7-21), and to avoid unnecessary divisions (Romans 16:17; 1 Corinthians 1:10, 12:25; Titus 3:10).

Interesting...?

My husband and I had the pleasure of meeting Nse and his lovely wife Tamara last Sunday evening. We hope that only singing one psalm last night didn't put you off completely. Sunday mornings are far different because there is no song leader and many times there are 2-3 Psalms. Dave and I hope you will visit again, it was very nice meeting you guys. :handshake:

From (who we are):
Hence, Mars Hill Church is in favor of good beer (in moderation), great sex (in marriage), and even tattoos (Jesus has one). But our goal must always be love and concern for our friends so that we don’t enjoy our freedom at the expense of their faith.

In this way, we are seeking to simultaneously heed the Bible’s commands to have sound doctrine (1Timothy 4:16; Titus 1:9, 2:1), to love our Christian brothers and sisters (1 Peter 4:8; 1 John 4:7-21), and to avoid unnecessary divisions (Romans 16:17; 1 Corinthians 1:10, 12:25; Titus 3:10).

Interesting...?

would like to hear what you think is interesting......?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back