Good website on archetypal/ectypal theology

Interesting article on analogy and the Fourth Lateran Council. It's about a Bartian, Prywaza, but it's analysis of the council on analogy (the basis for the archetypal/ectypal distinction) is pretty good. Food for thought.

Nice biblical post on analogical knowledge of God in Isaiah. Enjoy.

Interesting article on analogy and the Fourth Lateran Council. It's about a Bartian, Prywaza, but it's analysis of the council on analogy (the basis for the archetypal/ectypal distinction) is pretty good. Food for thought.
Are you saying Prywaza was a Barthian? I thought Prywaza was the very antithesis of Barth.

Are you saying Prywaza was a Barthian? I thought Prywaza was the very antithesis of Barth.
He might of been, I don't know him that well. The point was the paper's interpretation of the fourth Lateran Council on analogical knowledge. I'm trying to to give an informative thread on how "catholic" and ancient this doctrine is, that's all. Just informative. You're right though I should have read it more carefully. Honestly I could care less about Prywaza.

Interesting blog, with direct quotations, on this church father and his use of analogical knowledge in debates over the Trinity.

. Honestly I could care less about Prywaza.

It just caught me off guard. Prywaza was the 20th century's greatest defender of the analogia entis, which Barth called, sillilly I might add, Antichrist.
Interesting blog, with direct quotations, on this church father and his use of analogical knowledge in debates over the Trinity.

Fr Al is interesting. He is somewhat notorious in EO circles. I like him, though.

It just caught me off guard. Prywaza was the 20th century's greatest defender of the analogia entis, which Barth called, sillilly I might add, Antichrist.

Fr Al is interesting. He is somewhat notorious in EO circles. I like him, though.
Really, why is Fr Al "notorious in EO circles?
Yeah I'm trying to just give information in this thread, not arguing anything. Although I've tried to stay away from websites arguing something and analysis but it can be hard, I wanted direct quotations. That particular article's interpretation shows that at least Michael Horton isn't alone in his interpretation of it (the fourth Lateran Council that is).
I have found it interesting that analogical knowledge of God, and hence language about God, was used by the Cappadocian father's to argue for their understanding of the Trinity, against certain people's errant views who I guess used univocal language. Just came across it today so I could be wrong. Just interesting.

Back