Hats off to the Marines!

Status
Not open for further replies.
[quotes]140[/quotes]

Well, he was right. We do and he's no longer President!

That kind of video doesn't get all sectors of the American population fired up but it gets the kind of red-blooded males that are looking for something to challenge them. We have a history of always staying true to that basic recruiting motto.

My favorite poster of all time is this one:
rose%20orig.jpg

I was at Parris Island on business in 1998 and learned that the Drill Instructor from that poster was visiting and signing the posters. I had him sign about a dozen posters for Marines. It sums it all up perfectly.

The guy was the nicest guy you'd ever meet and I was surprised at how he now looked.

That's awesome- "We don't promise you a rose garden"

My grandfather was a Marine in WWII fighting in the South Pacific. My other Grandfather was a fighter pilot in WWII,
machine gunnery. My father was in the Air Force during Vietnam, intelligence department. Occasionally, he'll talk about some of the work he did. I wish I could have served in the military, however, health issues prevented me from joining. I have the utmost respect for a soldier.

By the way, this is an even better video. It's the Commandant's Birthday message. It was incredible:

[video=youtube;IBcrnLMxcTk]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IBcrnLMxcTk[/video]

It is my pleasure to report to you Rich, and you may relay this to the Commandant should you see him, that the forgotten heroism and fascinating history of Tripoli will be made into an epic motion picture by 2009.

Russell Crowe is rumored to be in talks to play William Eaton, Ridley Scott (Alien, Blade Runner, Gladiator, Black Hawk Down) has shown interest in directing.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back