The Marines!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ivan

Pastor
Tonight in our area on PBS the program about the Marines will telecast. Check you local listings and skip the Oscars...I think that's on tonight.

Tonight in our area on PBS the program about the Marines will telecast. Check you local listings and skip the Oscars...I think that's on tonight.

I'm waiting for the special, "Undisciplined weanies who live in hotel-like dorms, eat great food and get to say they are in the military: the History of the US Air Force."

Hey...wait a second! That would describe what I did! :lol:

Ivan - when I was in the Air Force my first duty station was RAF Chicksands, England http://www.chicksands.com/. It was located in a pastoral section of Bedfordshire. No flight line. It was an intelligence base. It used to be an old English Priory. My room was in a hotel-like building. No P.T., no marching, nothing that even resembled the military. It was great duty. When a Marine intelligence unit TDY'ed with us for a few weeks they wanted nothing to do with us. They couldn't believe how we lived. (I think they were jealous!) ;)

Army and Marines are the only branches that really consider themselves "military" with USAF being at the bottom of the totem pole.

Hey, someone has to do it!

i heard that the air farce types get to do boot camp via email...........is that true?...................lol

bill, summer can be "warm" here in the ROT, btw, summer begins this week i think, its in the 80's already.......spring was last week......lol

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back