Michael Doyle
Puritan Board Junior
I am looking for a little help. My pastor had to leave to attend a meeting concerning LAMP Seminary. He is meeting Brian Kelso today and this week and discussing matters while at 10th Presbyterian in Philadelphia. I am jealous
Anyhow...I am sitting in to teach on Chapter 2 of Nehemiah. I have read and assembled a lot of good data and am compiling a helpful outline. What I am missing right now, are some helpful questions or illustrations to use to engage the classmates. I have assembled some but I am obviously not content with them.
Working off some of y`alls experience perhaps with chapter 2, any good provocative questions?
I. Nehemiahs approaching Artaxerxes
a) Artaxerxes inquires of his sadness
b) Nehemiahs request (rebuild the walls, letters of safe passage)
c) Request granted
II. The journey and arrival
a) Meeting the governors
b) Sanballet and Tobiah`s aggravation
c) Arrival and inspection
d) Nehemiahs exhortation and the hand of God
e) Sanballet, Tobiah and Geshems jeers
f) Nehemiahs faith in God
Thanks for putting up with me. I don't care as much about looking good but more for the class to continue seamlessly and be profitable. Thank you all in advance
Anyhow...I am sitting in to teach on Chapter 2 of Nehemiah. I have read and assembled a lot of good data and am compiling a helpful outline. What I am missing right now, are some helpful questions or illustrations to use to engage the classmates. I have assembled some but I am obviously not content with them.
Working off some of y`alls experience perhaps with chapter 2, any good provocative questions?
I. Nehemiahs approaching Artaxerxes
a) Artaxerxes inquires of his sadness
b) Nehemiahs request (rebuild the walls, letters of safe passage)
c) Request granted
II. The journey and arrival
a) Meeting the governors
b) Sanballet and Tobiah`s aggravation
c) Arrival and inspection
d) Nehemiahs exhortation and the hand of God
e) Sanballet, Tobiah and Geshems jeers
f) Nehemiahs faith in God
Thanks for putting up with me. I don't care as much about looking good but more for the class to continue seamlessly and be profitable. Thank you all in advance