Not sure why it’s sideways, but here’s an image of some bacon I recently made. Two varieties: traditional and what we call “SW style.” The latter is our favorite. The metal thing behind it is our meat slicer.
I go for 3/16” … 1/4 inch is (in my opinion) just slight too thick and 1/8 inch is just slightly too thin for thick cut. However, the stuff that we intend to cut up and use in things like bbq beans we cut very thin.
I go for 3/16” … 1/4 inch is (in my opinion) just slight too thick and 1/8 inch is just slightly too thin for thick cut. However, the stuff that we intend to cut up and use in things like bbq beans we cut very thin.
Good point! I thought bacon couldn’t be too thick until I tried IHOP’s new thick cut bacon. You could nail that next to a swimming pool and dive off of it.
I go for 3/16” … 1/4 inch is (in my opinion) just slight too thick and 1/8 inch is just slightly too thin for thick cut. However, the stuff that we intend to cut up and use in things like bbq beans we cut very thin.