MMasztal
Puritan Board Sophomore
on how to deal with some Arminian fellow teachers; one a uber-pentacostal lay (no formal theological training) male youth pastor and a "God is love" touchy feely female Methodist. They are in charge of our chapel program this year and one of their hot topics is how to teach our students to obtain "crowns" through their Christian service so that we may present them to God when we stand before him. In other words, those with more "crowns" will receive greater rewards in heaven.
I always looked at our good works as a gift from God in order that we may glorify Him, not to obtain crowns to cast at his feet.
Am I wrong to think this way? If not, how should I deal with this?
Thanks in advance.
I always looked at our good works as a gift from God in order that we may glorify Him, not to obtain crowns to cast at his feet.
Am I wrong to think this way? If not, how should I deal with this?
Thanks in advance.