Immutability and Assurance

Status
Not open for further replies.
D

Deleted member 12431

Guest
Was just meditating on Malachi 3:6, “I am the Lord, I change not; therefore ye sons of Jacob are not consumed.” I found this text on immutability to be particularly comforting, and it got me curious to see if anyone has written on this topic. Is anyone aware of a devotional or theological work on God’s immutability and its relationship to the assurance of the believer?
 
This past Lord's day, I preached on God's immutability as contrasted with man's ever-changing seasons from Ecclesiastes 3:1-15.

I know that, whatsoever God doeth, it shall be for ever: nothing can be put to it, nor any thing taken from it: and God doeth it, that men should fear before him. Ec. 3:14
 
Was just meditating on Malachi 3:6, “I am the Lord, I change not; therefore ye sons of Jacob are not consumed.” I found this text on immutability to be particularly comforting, and it got me curious to see if anyone has written on this topic. Is anyone aware of a devotional or theological work on God’s immutability and its relationship to the assurance of the believer?
Jacob,
Ligonier had a national conference called A Portrait of God. It is excellent. I commend the whole 13-14 lectures/roundtable Q&A's, though MacArthur should be handled according to his theology. The Q&A's alone are worth the price of admission. Sinclair Ferguson, R.C. Sproul, Ligon Duncan and R.C. jr really do well in this. Of Ligonier's conferences, this one competes at the top. R.C. sr gives a lecture on the Immutability of God that is both theological and doxological. It is linked below. Get the whole series.....it is good!

 
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top