Introductory Canon Books

Status
Not open for further replies.

AlexMiller1984

Puritan Board Freshman
Hey guys, Alex here.

I'm a high school Bible teacher and I'm looking for intro level books on the formation of the OT and NT canon for a student of mine. I initially suggested Scribes & Scripture by Gentry & Meade, but that was too much for this particular student. I then had the student watch a video from Michael Kruger, which was much easier for her to understand, but she's still looking for more. The only book I've read by Kruger was Canon Revisited, and while it was a great book, I'm guessing it's going to be too far into the deep end for this student. Are there any basic and intro level books you can recommend on the formation of the OT & NT Canon?

Thank you!
 
Kruger has a shorter book called The Question of Canon. Apart from that, it can be a complicated topic and taking the time to work through a quality resource (even if more difficult) will be worthwhile. The first bit of Whitaker's Disputation on Holy Scripture is going to be pretty good (at least if you're dealing with polemics from Roman Catholics), although it is definitely a bit more difficult to read since it is older. But as long as you keep track of the outline (which isn't too hard to see), it is straightforward.
 


 


Hey, this is great. Thank you!
 
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top