Is The Large Hadron Collider Gonna Blow Us Up?

Status
Not open for further replies.
I dunno, guys. I've played Half-Life. I've been to the Black Mesa Research Facility and seen what happens when a strange new machine is switched on to perform some kind of "helpful" experiment. If this thing doesn't destroy the planet, it may very well open a portal to another dimension, thereby releasing hordes of ferocious aliens on earth. Somebody call Gordon Freeman!
[/IMG]

I have a vast array of crowbars at the ready. :up:

I dunno, guys. I've played Half-Life. I've been to the Black Mesa Research Facility and seen what happens when a strange new machine is switched on to perform some kind of "helpful" experiment. If this thing doesn't destroy the planet, it may very well open a portal to another dimension, thereby releasing hordes of ferocious aliens on earth. Somebody call Gordon Freeman!
[/IMG]

I have a vast array of crowbars at the ready. :up:

You can never have too many crowbars. Remember to check for headcrabs under your bed at night before turning in.

If a portal opens up, I'm going to Bass Pro Shop.

They have food, tents, and tons of weapons.

I'll probably go to one in Texas, just to increase my armed capabilities and that of my few surviving back-up fodder. I'm goin' out strapped son.

If a portal opens up, I'm going to Bass Pro Shop.

They have food, tents, and tons of weapons.

I'll probably go to one in Texas, just to increase my armed capabilities and that of my few surviving back-up fodder. I'm goin' out strapped son.

I don't know if I can get all the way to Texas on a tank of gas, but you've got the right location. However, some of those boys up in northern Wisconsin are pretty handy with a weapon too!

Of course, the weapons and extra food will do us no good if we get a black hole that sucks us in and turns us into dark matter instead of a portal to an alien dimension.

My question about the whole thing is if they will find some insight into dark matter and dark energy. My gut says no, but it will be interesting none the less.

CT

That was a dumb website Andrew. :D. I could have answered that one without owning the domain.

"Are we dead yet?"

Good witnessing conversation starter though.

Just a note here - "startup" at the LHC means putting a single beam into the collider ring at low energy. They won't have collisions between two beams for quite some time, and won't have collisions at even 2/3 of the full design energy for at least 2 months. So "nope" is a little premature (not that I have any worries at all about the hyped-up scenario) :)

Just a note here - "startup" at the LHC means putting a single beam into the collider ring at low energy. They won't have collisions between two beams for quite some time, and won't have collisions at even 2/3 of the full design energy for at least 2 months. So "nope" is a little premature (not that I have any worries at all about the hyped-up scenario) :)

Of course "nope" can just be left there since that will be true until there is no one left to check the site. :D

I don't know what the problem is. If you believe in the Creator, then surely His voice cannot be copied. If however they can create a black hole, my only comfort is those scientist will be the first to get sucked into it.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back