Is the RPCNA still strict prohibitionists?

Status
Not open for further replies.
There are some congregations that hold this old position dearly. I have preached in churches where the elders say that they would never serve wine at the Lord's Table because they could be causing people to sin.

It seems that geography is the last holdout for this position. (Some in theMidwest Presbytery.)

There are no vows that bind ministers to this position and there is nothing that binds members to hold to this position either.

The Testimony has the following to say (26.5)

"Because drunkeness is so common, and because the intemperate use of alcohol is constantly being promoted by advertising, business practices, and social pressure, Christians must be careful not to conform to the attitudes and the practices of the world with regard to alcoholic beverages. To prevent damage to our neighbor, to provide mutual help in godly living, and to strenthen each other in living a disciplined life it is altogether wise and proper that Christians refrain from the use, sale and manufacture of alcoholic beverages."

How about the Sabbath?

My wife and I both have to work a lot of Sunday's, would that be a problem for them?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back