Is this Noach's ark ?

Status
Not open for further replies.
We should not be surprised to find metal alloys used in the ark, because Genesis 4:22 states, "Tubal-Cain, an instructor of every craftsman in bronze and iron."

Ron Wyatt found a beautiful specimen of one of the metal rivets used on the ark. It was tested and found to contain high-tech metal alloys, such as titanium, magnesium, and aluminum, etc.

face_eyeraise.gif

I would not give this much thought, brother.

Why?

Another person, I can't remember who, put this site up as a link, and asked what people thought, a few dismissed it, but without any evidence.

Why should we not give this much thought? Can you back that up? Not challenging you, just wondering...

A. Should we not give this particular man's findings much thought, because you can prove him wrong?"

B. Should we not give any Archeological Biblical Findings much thought for some reason?

I just found the site from the link mentioned, and while, it does not really matter to me personally, one way or the other, if his claims are true, I do find it interesting, and I did go through the site, and I'd sure be interested if someone could say, "WHY?" his claims are not true.....and I'd wonder, if "hypothetically", they were true, why would it not be a good thing to discuss them????

Just wondering....if anything, it's kind of fun to read about.....yeah, he seems like a quirky guy (I think he is dead now), but doesn't mean he didn't find anything.

An argument from popular humor

ARTHUR:
Go and tell your master that we have been charged by God with a sacred quest. If he will give us food and shelter for the night, he can join us in our quest for the Holy Grail.
FRENCH GUARD:
Well, I'll ask him, but I don't think he'll be very keen. Uh, he's already got one, you see.
ARTHUR:
What?
GALAHAD:
He says they've already got one!
ARTHUR:
Are you sure he's got one?
FRENCH GUARD:
Oh, yes. It's very nice-a. (I told him we already got one.)
FRENCH GUARDS:
[chuckling]
ARTHUR:
Well, u-- um, can we come up and have a look?
FRENCH GUARD:
Of course not! You are English types-a!
ARTHUR:
Well, what are you, then?
FRENCH GUARD:
I'm French! Why do think I have this outrageous accent, you silly king-a?!
GALAHAD:
What are you doing in England?
FRENCH GUARD:
Mind your own business!

It's speculation but I really believe that God has taken these items (eg. Ark of the Covenant, Ark of the Noah, Holy Grail, umbilical cord of Jesus, babel fish) out of existence because they would too easily become idols of false worship.

Not only that but their existence would destroy the fideist argument represented here in Douglas Adams description of the babel fish proposition:

"I refuse to prove that I exist," says God, "for proof denies faith, and without faith I am nothing."

"But," says Man, "the Babel fish is a dead giveaway isn't it? It could not have evolved by chance. It proves that you exist, and so therefore, by your own arguments, you don't. Q.E.D."

"Oh dear," says God, "I hadn't thought of that," and promptly vanishes in a puff of logic."

"Oh, that was easy," says Man, and for an encore goes on to prove that black is white and white is black and gets himself killed on the next zebra crossing. While most leading theologians believe this argument to be a load of dingo's kidneys, that didn't stop Oolon Colluphid making a small fortune when he used it as the central theme of his best-selling book, Well That About Wraps It Up For God.

(I apologize to those who won't think this is funny (you know who you are) because it appears to be mocking. It's not. It's a short collection of iconic humor that shows the absurdity of the techniques of doubters.)

Another person, I can't remember who, put this site up as a link, and asked what people thought, a few dismissed it, but without any evidence.

Why should we not give this much thought? Can you back that up? Not challenging you, just wondering...

A. Should we not give this particular man's findings much thought, because you can prove him wrong?"

B. Should we not give any Archeological Biblical Findings much thought for some reason?

What profit is there to it? We already believe that Noah's ark existed. Faith is not based on seeing, so it's not as if it's going to bring others to Christ. And this may be a less valid reason, but if you're presenting such potentially important information, at least learn how or get someone who knows how to make a website. It looks like every conspiracy theory website ever made.

And about the archeological findings. Why should we give them much thought?

Archeologist: "Oh, look! The Pool of Siloam! It does exist!"

Yeah, I already knew that. How? The Bible tells me so and the holy spirit confirms the truth of the accounts written in the Bible.

And is it even reasonable to think that they would have left the ark intact after the waters receded? That was a great amount of useful material. If he was able to build a boat, then he was certainly able to build shelters and stables.

And, as that second website states, the directions for construction of the ark that are recorded in the Bible give no account of any tapering. That means that it would not have had a pointed stern.

And is it even reasonable to think that they would have left the ark intact after the waters receded? That was a great amount of useful material. If he was able to build a boat, then he was certainly able to build shelters and stables.

Excellent point Ryan that folks rarely consider. God promised Noah that he wouldn't flood the earth again. Why would any one keep a vessel like that around when there was so much great wood, already milled and ready for recycling?

Unless of course they remodeled it to use for a hotel.... for 8 people.

lol

lol....funny stuff.

Those are def. interesting reasons to believe it is fake...at least the fact that they would use the wood....although, kind of a nice project to just go tear apart...and maybe it was too far up the mountain to where they settled???
I think the website style is a bad argument....has nothing to do with whether or not the finding is true or not...

As far as not wanting to discover Archaeological finds, and not studying the evidences of said finds, just doesn't make since to me......If, Hypothetically, God did leave any artifact or evidence of these things, then they are there, for us to see and examine, today, ....so, what, we're supposed to close our eyes because we already believe in them.....am I missing something, if there is something to study, King Tuts tomb....whatever....just because it's a miraculous event from the bible, we're not supposed to study or have interest in it?

They could prove with 100% fact that it is or isn't Noah's Ark, does not affect my faith, but if it is, it sure is interesting.

Just because these finding are often fake and over-hyped, does not necessarily mean it would be wrong to investigate things of this nature.

Are Christian's not supposed to study these things, does somebody think it's wrong for a Christian to "search" for biblical artifacts? That SEEMS to be the attitude of some posters, but maybe I'm wrong.:book2:

I didn't say that people shouldn't look for buried places mentioned in the Bible. I just asked why we should give them much thought. I just think a lot of people with weak faith might be tempted to try to bolster their faith by sight. I certainly think it's interesting to see places talked about in the Bible, but I don't devote much time to studying them or thinking about them. Knowing the dimension of the Pool of Siloam won't help me live like the Christ.

Yeah...

No question, people could spend way too much time on these things and they could be a distraction.....but I'd sure love to go visit that pool sometime....I wonder, if it's drained, could I sk8 it??? :D

This reminds me of a retired couple I know. I find it to be a strange and sad case.

The wife is a plain and simple believer in Christ. She takes scripture seriously, she puts herself in front of preaching, she refers to Christ as her Lord. She seeks to do his will.

Her husband is a decent and good man in every human sense. He is tremendously interested in Biblical archaeology. He and his wife have visited many archaeological sites and regularly visit the "Holy Land". He has books upon books on the subject, and he supports his wife's belief with arcane arguments about various findings of various details that seem to corroborate Scripture.

But he has never proclaimed faith. He simply cannot utter the phrase: "My Lord Jesus Christ." He is tremendously sympathetic to Christians, but he always seems to be looking for one more archaeological reason to believe. Rather than go to church with his wife, he spends his Sundays on his treatises.

I was actually fairly impressed with the anchor stones and the ossified rivets, also, there are some interesting underwater photos of chariot wheels and bones supposedly from the Egyptian army during the Exodus, but the rest of his site just lost me. You've really got to read his stuff on the ark of the covenant. It's a mix of bad 7th Day Adventist theology and Raiders of the Lost Ark. Really, read about the six Jewish men who died, screaming, as they got withing 300' of it inside the tunnel, and ol' Ron had to go in there and pull out the bodies. Come on. (Maybe another secret childhood dream was that he always wanted to be on a supernatural CSAR team? - combat search and rescue)

It's speculation but I really believe that God has taken these items (eg. Ark of the Covenant, Ark of the Noah, Holy Grail, umbilical cord of Jesus, babel fish) out of existence because they would too easily become idols of false worship.

Even if some of these items remain, I believe that you can find a foundation for your fears of turning them into idols just by studying the emphases of that site. I agree with you, Bob.

Yeah....

I agree with that assessment, he def. started to lose me with those tales from the cript...but, like you said, those rivets.....interesting at least.....chalk it up to entertainment time if you want, but I enjoy looking into that kind of stuff.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back