What is this view called?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Notthemama1984

Puritan Board Post-Graduate
What is the name of this belief? I know it is bad but looking for the name.


God desired to express true love and desired to receive true love. Because of this desire, he created mankind with free will. If God created man without free will, man would be a robot and his love for God would not be true love.


I know it is bad. I know it denies the aseity of God. I know it denies election. So I am not pretending this is a good view. I am just curious where this view would fall in theological jargon.

Thanks.
 
Well He did create Adam with free will. I don’t understand your question.
It has to do with all people everywhere. I've heard this quite a bit. God doesn't want us to be robots, so He gives us a choice to love Him. Love must come from one's choice, to be authentic.
 
Does the OP think men are robots? Or that God does not want to be loved and glorified by creatures? I'm a little puzzled.
No. We are not robots and God wants to be glorified. But God did not create us so He could experience true love. He was fully self sufficient with the Godhead. Man is free according to his nature but that nature is totally depraved and hates God. No man with freely choose to love God.
 
No. We are not robots and God wants to be glorified. But God did not create us so He could experience true love. He was fully self sufficient with the Godhead. Man is free according to his nature but that nature is totally depraved and hates God. No man with freely choose to love God.
It seems I was mysteriously misquoted. :scratch:
 
The Father and the Son enjoy perfect love and relational joy within the trinity. The redeemed are the Father's love gift to his Son. Adam, despite his free will, fell, and we fell with him. It is in spite of our fallenness and evil-inclined wills that we are redeemed, for Christ's sake.

It is because God is love, he doesn't need us to love him. That love has existed for all eternity past in the trinity.

Edit: Have your friend read Jesus high priestly prayer, in John 17...
 
Last edited:
What is the name of this belief? I know it is bad but looking for the name.


God desired to express true love and desired to receive true love. Because of this desire, he created mankind with free will. If God created man without free will, man would be a robot and his love for God would not be true love.


I know it is bad. I know it denies the aseity of God. I know it denies election. So I am not pretending this is a good view. I am just curious where this view would fall in theological jargon.

Thanks.
Anthropocentric Arminianism / American Unitarianism
 
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top