J.C. Ryle Collection

Status
Not open for further replies.

W.C. Dean

Puritan Board Sophomore
Recently I listened to an audio recording of Thoughts For Young Men and it probably became one of my favourite, if not my favourite book. He writes so clearly and simply so anyone can understand, but it is very rich. He clearly had a heart for ensuring people were saved. I found this directory of articles by him. A lot are extracts from some of his larger works. May the Lord bless you on your six days of labour.

Ryle Directory

There aren't many men in church history that I love as much as Bishop Ryle. He has had an profound influence on my life and ministry. I have read through the entirety of Expository Thoughts with my family in family worship. And while we've used a lot of different resources through the years, I don't believe any were as blessed as much of God to the edification of my soul and the conversion of my children as Bishop Ryle.

Last edited:
There aren't many men in church history that I love as much as Bishop Ryle. He has had an profound influence on my life and ministry. I have read through the entirety of Expository Thoughts with my family in family worship. And while we've used a lot of different resources through the years, I don't believe any were as blessed of God to the edification of my soul and the conversion of my children.

I am blessed that I have come to know his writings as a young man. I will grow up with his works. I pray one day I will be a father, and then his works of parenting will directly apply! I have thanked God for Bishop Ryle directly multiple times.

I have the whole Banner of Truth collection on my shelf, what a blessing! I deeply appreciate his clarity of speech and depth of thought. I would highly recommend all of his works.

I have the whole Banner of Truth collection on my shelf, what a blessing! I deeply appreciate his clarity of speech and depth of thought. I would highly recommend all of his works.

I think many assume any older writing is like reading Shakespeare. A few days ago my older sister asked me what I was reading (a chapter from Ryle) and when I told her she asked me how it was relevant. I am amazed by how clear his writing is.

I think many assume any older writing is like reading Shakespeare. A few days ago my older sister asked me what I was reading (a chapter from Ryle) and when I told her she asked me how it was relevant. I am amazed by how clear his writing is.
I read his Holiness book (which was highly convicting) and felt the same way. In the beginning he described the (then) current societal drifting and waywardness, which could have described modern day American society exactly!

I read his Holiness book (which was highly convicting) and felt the same way. In the beginning he described the (then) current societal drifting and waywardness, which could have described modern day American society exactly!

Thoughts for Young Men is very similar. The way he described the state of young men in the church and the culture is exactly true today.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back