Johannine Comma

Status
Not open for further replies.
Robert,

You mentioned in post #22, "The Waldenses, whose roots go all the way back past the 4th century, testify that the Comma is genuine: as it is found in their old Italic Bible and quoted in their commentary on the Lord's Supper."

I am interested in following this trail. Currently I am reading Peter Alix's The Ecclesiastical History of the Ancient Churches of Piedmont, and of the Albigenses, seeking to find hard info on the Waldenses and 1 John 5:7 in their writings (Piedmont being in the mountainous regions of Italy, which broke from "church" of Rome when it began apostatizing in the 4th century). Any materials you can steer me to? Thanks,

Steve

Waldenses

Hay Steve:

I would be happy to:

Modern Bible Translations Unmasked, by Russel and Colin Standish, pgs. 134,135.

Online version you will find here: http://www.champs-of-truth.com/reform/STN_MBTU.PDF

As I understand it: The Comma was handed down to the Geneva and KJV Bibles though a translation done by John Calvin's cousin Robert Olivetan from the Waldensian Old Italic Bible. Olivetan was said to have translated the French 1562 Geneva Bible at the College of the Barbe in the Waldensian Valley. The Waldensians trace their lineage back to Ambrose of Milan (died 397). But the Church in Milan was present much earlier.

Blessings,

Rob

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back