Just Call Me Dr. Jones!!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Only when I go in to see my psych patients! :lol:

I had a friend once who was a psych nurse... she was one of the craziest people I ever knew.

Ha! Neuro nurses must be a close second in the crazy department then! :lol:

And as for following in the footsteps of other Dr. Jones' or prescribing meds which air out the brain, I'll be no Dr. Jones after all! Herald cured me of such notions! We'll have to pretend that title under my name says or means something different. And we can if we close our eyes tight, tap our heels together three times, and say "There no place like an RN place, there's no place like an RN place", then we'll be able to see beyond written words and see the land of :wwbd:

I hate to do this to you, but I think you need a new name!
Dr. OPC?
Dr. Nurse?
Dr. Izin?

I'm sure you don't want to hear it, but I think it's only right.

I hate to do this to you, but I think you need a new name!
Dr. OPC?
Dr. Nurse?
Dr. Izin?

I'm sure you don't want to hear it, but I think it's only right.

Oh, Jessi! You have never gotten over the shock of me changing my name from sjonee! Now you're unconsciously grasping for some name to fill that spot which will never happen for you! :lol:

NOOOOOO! There will be no new names! The lockdown on Sarah changing her name is tighter than sanctions on Iran.

Perhaps an admin (a mod can't do it) can change her title, though, to something like Puritanboard M.D.

NOOOOOO! There will be no new names! The lockdown on Sarah changing her name is tighter than sanctions on Iran.

Perhaps an admin (a mod can't do it) can change her title, though, to something like Puritanboard M.D.

I don't put any trust in these so-called "sanctions" on Iran, so I believe there is hope!!!

And to be very honest and self-seeking, I'd prefer Dr. Sonjee, since that is still in my head and the voices could be less confusing!

Noooooo! Don't make me a MD twice over!!! :chained::nowork::surrender:

PuritanBoard Quack
carrots_disco.gif

Doctor Doctor Sarah.

In Europe, Germany esp., academics with more than one Ph.D. are addressed that way.

. . .Why anyone calls them Sarah, we'll never know. :lol:

JonesDoctorate-1.jpg

Here you go, Sarah. Now you have the "proof."
Dr. Sarah Jones, D.O.R.K.
Dr. Sarah, how did you get Luther and Calvin to sign your diploma???

Last edited:
JonesDoctorate-1.jpg

Here you go, Sarah. Now you have the "proof."
Dr. Sarah Jones, D.O.R.K.
Dr. Sarah, how did you get Luther and Calvin to sign your diploma???

Oh, I am so printing this off and hanging it in my office!!! How'd ya do dat?

Sarah,

Give me your email by PM and I'll send it to you as a jpeg file (much better resolution).

I just played around with Word and imported the Luther and Calvin sigs off of Google images. Oh, I did canibalize a college seal and put the R.C. Sproul caricature in the center of it in honor of your great affection for the Ligonierer.

I used up my last box of Crayolas, and they smelled so good. Like Dennis I could ask, "Do you want the original?" :lol:

-----Added 10/17/2009 at 04:35:55 EST-----

Uh, maybe those were watercolors I used and not Crayolas. :p

Sarah,

Give me your email by PM and I'll send it to you as a jpeg file (much better resolution).

I just played around with Word and imported the Luther and Calvin sigs off of Google images. Oh, I did canibalize a college seal and put the R.C. Sproul caricature in the center of it in honor of your great affection for the Ligonierer.

Great way to spend your time! Too much time at work too?

Heh

Sarah,

Great way to spend your time! Too much time at work too?
Heh

Actually, smart alec, I have had a fever since Monday evening and influenza symptoms (100 -101.4 fever, cough, aching body, burning eyes, headache, the whole enchilada). Since there is no seasonal flu in CA yet (for which I was already immunized) and the only flu we have out here is H1N1, our medical director said that I had to stay home away from all of our 350 seniors (many with compromised immune systems).

However, to justify my time, I did participate in a two hour conference call with our budget committee, sent innumerable e-mails to several consultants and attorneys, reviewed several hundreds of pages of bond docs :doh:

AND (for fun)

* Listened to Bob Dylan's Christmas album
* Watched Fox News (over and over and over)
* Watched DVDs of Ken Gentry against dispensationalism
* Finished writing a 167 pg. summary of Calvin's Institutes
* Wrote a 27 pg. summary of a book on Calvin's thought
* Wrote a 10 pg. book review of Interpreting John Calvin (Battles)
* Started reading The Marrow of Divinity
* Hung out on the PB participating in way too many threads
* Took a lot of naps and slept in until 8:00 a.m.
* Made a diploma for Dr. Sarah

:lol:

Sarah, that is so great, I didn't even know you were in med school. Congratulations and may God bless you! Do you ever sleep?

You do more on a sick day than I do on a work day! :lol:
More than I do in a week!!! Yikes!

-----Added 10/17/2009 at 10:02:37 EST-----

However, to justify my time, I did participate in a two hour conference call with our budget committee, sent innumerable e-mails to several consultants and attorneys, reviewed several hundreds of pages of bond docs :doh:

AND (for fun)

* Listened to Bob Dylan's Christmas album
* Watched Fox News (over and over and over)
* Watched DVDs of Ken Gentry against dispensationalism
* Finished writing a 167 pg. summary of Calvin's Institutes
* Wrote a 27 pg. summary of a book on Calvin's thought
* Wrote a 10 pg. book review of Interpreting John Calvin (Battles)
* Started reading The Marrow of Divinity
* Hung out on the PB participating in way too many threads
* Took a lot of naps and slept in until 8:00 a.m.
* Made a diploma for Dr. Sarah

:lol:
Sooooo...are you feeling better now? Sure seems like you would be in a vegetative state by now at the rate you travel!! Whew! (wiping my brow)

Melissa,

My "day job" has me spinning plates in too many areas to keep track of effectively. Being sick for a few days is about as much relaxation as I've gotten in a number of weeks. BTW, I didn't start the 167 pg. this week, just finished the last 40 pgs of it. And, when you are home all day alone with a boring television, there really is not too much trouble getting projects done. My fever hovered around the 100 - 101.4, high enough to stay home, low enough to get work done. No heroics here.

Melissa,

My "day job" has me spinning plates in too many areas to keep track of effectively. Being sick for a few days is about as much relaxation as I've gotten in a number of weeks. BTW, I didn't start the 167 pg. this week, just finished the last 40 pgs of it. And, when you are home all day alone with a boring television, there really is not too much trouble getting projects done. My fever hovered around the 100 - 101.4, high enough to stay home, low enough to get work done. No heroics here.
No heroics...easy for you to say! Glad to hear that your fever was low and that you had (in your words) some much needed relaxation. I totally agree with you on the whole "television" issue...don't watch the stuff myself, except for "Monk" and UofK Basketball, of course!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back