Just noticed something???

Status
Not open for further replies.

Jon Lake

Puritan Board Sophomore
I was looking at a post, that I typed during a caffeine slump, and it made no sense! (BLUSH) After fixing it the "Thank You" went away, is that supposed to happen?:popcorn:
 
The "thanks" usually disappears right after you've edited a post. When you go back to the thread it should show up again.

The real question is why someone thanked you for a post that made no sense.
 
The "thanks" usually disappears right after you've edited a post. When you go back to the thread it should show up again.

The real question is why someone thanked you for a post that made no sense.
Ruben, I wondered that as well! I THINK they felt sorry for me!!!!!!:):):):)
 
Well, if your editing completely changed the meaning of the post, then you realise that those thanks are actually there under false pretences. If people thank you for nonsense they don't want those valuable thanks that we use as an index to how clever people are appearing under a brilliant post.
 
Well, if your editing completely changed the meaning of the post, then you realise that those thanks are actually there under false pretences. If people thank you for nonsense they don't want those valuable thanks that we use as an index to how clever people are appearing under a brilliant post.
Actually Ruben, I am going to give more credit to them (Charity Brother), I think it was not false pretense, I think they looked at it and said in their hearts "Pitiful pitiful man! He is really TRYING to say something but he can only do pathetic meaningless key-strokes, I KNOW, the guy is a Christian, I'm just gonna make him feel better with a Thank You, just a button ,no biggie.":lol::popcorn:
 
Last edited:
Oh, I didn't mean that people thanking you were pretending. Only that if they thanked you for one thing, and then you edited your post into another, they hadn't really thanked you for the new post.

And if I were to thank Lewis Carroll for Jabberwocky (as every thinking person should), I would NOT be happy to find that he had turned it into a dissertation advancing his speculation that all of space could be filled with dodecahedra.
 
Oh, I didn't mean that people thanking you were pretending. Only that if they thanked you for one thing, and then you edited your post into another, they hadn't really thanked you for the new post.

And if I were to thank Lewis Carroll for Jabberwocky (as every thinking person should), I would NOT be happy to find that he had turned it into a dissertation advancing his speculation that all of space could be filled with dodecahedra.
:lol: Understood my friend! I did not change the meaning, I went back and added some dropped letters/nouns/verbs. (Blush, I THINK they got the gist of what I was saying.)LOL.
 
Oh, I didn't mean that people thanking you were pretending. Only that if they thanked you for one thing, and then you edited your post into another, they hadn't really thanked you for the new post.

And if I were to thank Lewis Carroll for Jabberwocky (as every thinking person should), I would NOT be happy to find that he had turned it into a dissertation advancing his speculation that all of space could be filled with dodecahedra.

What's wrong with dodecahedra? :)
 
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top