Katie Luther

Status
Not open for further replies.
My favorite story about her is that one time when Luther was in despair for I guess what began to be a trying amount of time, she dressed herself all in black and walked around as if in mourning. Luther of course asked her who had died, she said God had. (Imagine the reaction) Luther asked her why she would say such a thing? Well surely God must be dead, the way Luther had been acting? This snapped Luther out of his despair, as probably nothing else could have. I always think of Luther as a giant, towering up in history and storming at the center of an earthquake, that we are still feeling the reverberations of. And Katie had to be a giantess, to be a helpmeet to that kind of man.

Originally posted by a mere housewife
My favorite story about her is that one time when Luther was in despair for I guess what began to be a trying amount of time, she dressed herself all in black and walked around as if in mourning. Luther of course asked her who had died, she said God had. (Imagine the reaction) Luther asked her why she would say such a thing? Well surely God must be dead, the way Luther had been acting? This snapped Luther out of his despair, as probably nothing else could have. I always think of Luther as a giant, towering up in history and storming at the center of an earthquake, that we are still feeling the reverberations of. And Katie had to be a giantess, to be a helpmeet to that kind of man.

That is a great story!

Martin Luther and Katherine von Bora were married on June 13, 1525. The wedding of the former monk and nun was the most powerful rejection of Roman celibacy and affirmation of Biblical marriage in the history of the Reformation.

IMG_1002.jpg

Katie is my hero. I can only hope someday to reach her level of beer expertise.

[Edited on 6-12-2005 by Ex Nihilo]

My wife helped me bottle my latest batch of English Brown Ale yesterday. I told her that she is receiving the households first annual Katie Luther Award. She wasn't impressed. I have a feeling that she'll actually take up brewing when the Baptists and the Presbyterians here agree on the mode of baptism. Oh well.

I lift one to you Katie. (Martin's and Andrew's)

Originally posted by a mere housewife

Now that's a woman!

Originally posted by VirginiaHuguenot
Martin Luther and Katherine von Bora were married on June 13, 1525. The wedding of the former monk and nun was the most powerful rejection of Roman celibacy and affirmation of Biblical marriage in the history of the Reformation.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back