KJV study bible?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Christopher88

Puritan Board Sophomore
Does anyone know if Ligonier will produce the KJV of their study bible?

If so, when?
If not, are there any reformed study bibles outside of Joel Beekes that are KJV?

I use to be an ESV reader, but switched the KJV about two years ago and not really looked back.

Not a KJV only guy, just a KJV prefer guy.
 
I'd say highly unlikely Ligonier produces a KJV version. Would like to see it, but Ligonier is pretty locked in to the ESV.
 
Probably not, but they do have an NKJV version: https://www.ligonier.org/store/the-reformation-study-bible-NKJV-hardcover-crimson/

As far as Reformed KJV study bibles besides the Reformation Heritage Study Bible (which is my favorite), there is the Matthew Henry Study Bible (based on abridged version of his commentary): https://www.amazon.com/Matthew-Henry-Study-Bible-Version/dp/1598565435 I think one would generally be better served by simply having a copy of his commentary (even concise) alongside you based on what they had to edit.

There's also a new Spurgeon study Bible that I've not looked at yet that is available in KJV: https://www.amazon.com/Spurgeon-Study-Bible-Genuine-Leather/dp/1535925566

I'm a big fan of this study Bible, which I have an older edition of. It's available in KJV and has "key" words annotated with Strongs Greek/Hebrew and has the words in the back. It also has some explanatory notes on particularly difficult passages, but not consistently. It's from a fundamentalist Baptist perspective though: https://www.amazon.com/Hebrew-Greek...d=1534073143&sr=1-22&keywords=KJV+study+bible
 
Holman's is very detailed, much information but it is dispensational. If you can overlook that, it is good for the OT
 
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top