ESV Literary Study Bible: Official Website
*Please no quibbling about translations here.
I'm looking for some feedback on the ESV Literary Study Bible from those who own it. Have you found it useful? What are some of the distinctions you've personally noticed (not just the publisher talking) from other study bibles?
In particular, I am wondering if the notes provided also give a solid sense of context (both historical and theological) around each book of scripture, or if it just focuses on literary themes.
*Please no quibbling about translations here.
I'm looking for some feedback on the ESV Literary Study Bible from those who own it. Have you found it useful? What are some of the distinctions you've personally noticed (not just the publisher talking) from other study bibles?
In particular, I am wondering if the notes provided also give a solid sense of context (both historical and theological) around each book of scripture, or if it just focuses on literary themes.
Really people, I am not a good person to review a study Bible, I think the ONLY good SB is the ESV SB.....I tend to use a Text Bible usually my King Jimmy sometimes the ESV....then use some good commentaries. In short: the Uncle (in general) does not LIKE a "Study" .... I don't know.... I'm weird about them... go figure... I like the ESV SB....in short I can review a nice Allan or a new Cambridge and the odd Oxford....but...probably with an SB query...I am the last man to ask...a bizarre deep rooted dislike of the "STUDY BIBLE"