Left Calvary Chapel

Status
Not open for further replies.

Rob

Puritan Board Freshman
Hello brothers and sisters,

Back in 2012, when I joined this group, I had stated that I was an Assoc. Pastor at Calvary Chapel in Flagler Beach, FL. Since that time my understanding of the doctrines of grace has increased dramatically. A little while ago, I had turned in my resignation, which is effective tomorrow. I stayed as long as I did because I thought I could maybe right the ship, however, the "Moses-model" of leadership within CC is too strong and accepted. I am leaving on 'good terms' and they are throwing a fellowship time for me tomorrow after the service.

I know many of you were praying for me. Thank you so much as I have such peace about all of this, and God has gotten me with some good Reformed local pastors.
 
Rob,

It is good to know you are departing on good terms. Do you know where you will be attending after you leave?
 
Sir, I have prayed for you, your family, and your congregation. What are your plans now, so that we may pray more specifically?

Grace to you.
 
Brother, I know this is likely a bittersweet move, but I rejoice with you in holding fast to your convictions and seeking to glorify our Lord. Prayers for you.
 
God bless you! A principled stand is worthy of celebration. May you find a great place to worship.
 
Wonderful to hear, Rob. Prayers for you, your family, and the church in transition.

So glad to hear it was on good terms.
 
Thank you so much for the support and prayers!! :)

My wife Lisa and I are attending Grace Chapel of Sanford (Reformed Baptist).
 
I left my CC on my journey to becoming Reformed. I found my church to be far too casual and worldly. Like you I left on good terms and the pastor and I are still friends. When I was there I was the bass player in the church band. The lack of reverence in the church music was one of the main reasons I left.
 
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top