Logos L10 New Search Feature for Physical Libraries.

Status
Not open for further replies.

davejonescue

Puritan Board Junior
Hello all.
I know many people on here have extensive physical book libraries. Logos has introduced a feature that allows one to scan their ISBN number/code into the program, and will then, during searches, show exactly where a search inquiry result is in your physical library. So, say I have uploaded "Calvins Institutes" ISBN into Logos. And I search "predestination" in Logos. Logos will show me exactly where predestination is located in that physical book, for example "predestination, Institutes, pg. 45, para 2." For those with extensive physical libraries, this may be an extremely good help when doing research or sermon prep. This feature does not give you a license to their digital alternative, but it shows you exactly where to look in your physical book collection. I think to get this feature, the cheapest option is the "L10 Full-Feature upgrade" and that stats at $679. There are no interest payment plans. Also make sure you talk to a rep before purchase to see the degree of the search capability, that is, what dataset do they use for results and to what extent or span are books covered. Hope this helps, God Bless.

Hello all.
I know many people on here have extensive physical book libraries. Logos has introduced a feature that allows one to scan their ISBN number/code into the program, and will then, during searches, show exactly where a search inquiry result is in your physical library. So, say I have uploaded "Calvins Institutes" ISBN into Logos. And I search "predestination" in Logos. Logos will show me exactly where predestination is located in that physical book, for example "predestination, Institutes, pg. 45, para 2." For those with extensive physical libraries, this may be an extremely good help when doing research or sermon prep. This feature does not give you a license to their digital alternative, but it shows you exactly where to look in your physical book collection. I think to get this feature, the cheapest option is the "L10 Full-Feature upgrade" and that stats at $679. There are no interest payment plans. Also make sure you talk to a rep before purchase to see the degree of the search capability, that is, what dataset do they use for results and to what extent or span are books covered. Hope this helps, God Bless.
This is awesome. I would definitely use Logos way more with this feature. I just don't enjoy reading in the Logos software, so physical books will always be the preferred route for me; however a tool like this would be a powerful way to enhance my research capability.

This is great. One of the primary reasons I have abandoned many physical books for digital ones—although I am a bibliophile—is search functionality.

I'm curious, does anyone know of any software that does something similar to the book search function mentioned in this post for less than $600+? I love the idea, but I still would have a hard time justifying that kind of purchase.

The library and audio function is only in Gold tier I believe.
Yes, if you decide to purchase a Gold Base Package you will get the same features. But that goes for around $1350, and after tax close to $1500. This is because it comes with tons of books. If you simply want the ability to search your physical books, or turn purchased books into audiobooks, then a "Full-Feature Upgrade" should work, which will give you the L10 Engine, very limited books, but full features. The "Full-Feature Upgrade" is about $680, or $740 after tax. About half the price of a Gold Base Package.

I'm curious, does anyone know of any software that does something similar to the book search function mentioned in this post for less than $600+? I love the idea, but I still would have a hard time justifying that kind of purchase.
1. See the post above me, per dynamic pricing - full feature upgrade may be less.
2. I still am not feeling the attraction to this feature with its price, I suggest you sit on this idea for awhile and see if the desire is still there. I say that as someone who loves Logos.

1. See the post above me, per dynamic pricing - full feature upgrade may be less.
2. I still am not feeling the attraction to this feature with its price, I suggest you sit on this idea for awhile and see if the desire is still there. I say that as someone who loves Logos.
I have Logos, but haven't used it much so I don't know about this, but is there any chance they would eventually sell a feature like that on its own without the whole package? In the package pricing list it is marked as being worth $49.99, but I don't see any way to purchase it on its own. I certainly would if it was an option.

Yes, if you decide to purchase a Gold Base Package you will get the same features. But that goes for around $1350, and after tax close to $1500. This is because it comes with tons of books. If you simply want the ability to search your physical books, or turn purchased books into audiobooks, then a "Full-Feature Upgrade" should work, which will give you the L10 Engine, very limited books, but full features. The "Full-Feature Upgrade" is about $680, or $740 after tax. About half the price of a Gold Base Package.

I about choked when I saw that price for a "full-feature upgrade" - thankfully when I logged in and it took into account the particular stuff I own, my cost is a mere fraction of that. I encourage everyone who owns Logos already to log in and see what their personal price would be.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back