Looking to buy MicroSoft Word (stand alone) – or Office

Status
Not open for further replies.

Jerusalem Blade

Puritan Board Professor
What's my best deal? I've always used the non-subscription, but am willing to try their 365. I would want one for myself and one for my wife. I know there are a lot of scam sites around, and would not mind going directly to MS for worry-free purchases.

I gather nowadays it is all digital, and no more DVDs

Not what you are asking, but I put Libre Office on my new devices. Documents and even Power Points work fairly seamlessly; spreadsheets may be a bit more difficult.

As far as Microsoft goes, I'd just buy from them.

Libre Office is an excellent program that I have used for a few decades back into the Star Office days and the current version is rock-solid, feature-rich and free! For nearly all of us, it can perform any task that M$ Office can with ease.

Non-subscription options directly from Microsoft:

Word only
$160 - https://www.microsoft.com/en-US/microsoft-365/p/word/CFQ7TTC0HLKM?activetab=pivot:overviewtab
$80 for the Home and Student version - https://www.microsoft.com/en-us/mic...dent/cfq7ttc0hlkl?activetab=pivot:overviewtab

If you use Word for commercial use, you cannot use the Home and Student version.

You can also buy the 2021 version including the other applications (which starts at $150 for the Home edition from Microsoft's website).

There are plenty of third party sellers but I cannot comment for the validity/legitimacy of any.

As others have stated Libre Office is free and is a worthy competitor to Microsoft.

If you go the subscription route for Office 365, you can take a look at this: https://www.microsoft.com/en-us/microsoft-365/buy/compare-all-microsoft-365-products

With the first option you can use the subscription for 2-6 people for $99 per year or $9.99 per month. The personal option is $69 per year. This can be installed on up to 5 devices. Not a bad deal if you use Word and Excel frequently. You also get 1 TB of cloud storage (OneDrive) with the subscription. If you wouldn't use Word or Excel that much, I would recommend going the Libre Office route and using a free Dropbox account for cloud storage.

Another plug for Libre Office. I used OpenOffice since version 1.0 back in 2002 and the Libre Office fork has only gotten better at compatibility over the years.

What's my best deal?
I am!

I have a family plan with five potential members for my one price. Three of them are used, but I have two left. I think one has your name on it. Interested? The cast. Zero $0.00.

Let me know and I'll send you a link you can put in your browser and I think it'll install itself and you'll be up and running in 15 minutes or so.

Another way of getting the entire Office suite and even licenses for other Microsoft products is to register your non-profit with Microsoft and get Enterprise licenses. You can get an E5 license from Microsoft for nonprofits for $15/month or even lower Enterprise licenses.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back