Microsoft Word 2007

Status
Not open for further replies.

Michael

Puritan Board Senior
This is borderline embarrassing to ask as much as I work with computers, but for some reason I can't seem to spot how to show the top margin of the page when typing a document on MS Word 2007. The default view puts the cursor at the top of the screen and cuts off view of the top margin of the page. How do I adjust this?

Many thanks...

Wish I could help. Mine automatically appear when I open a new document. I can't figure out how to get rid of it.

Try moving the cursor to the top of the page, the cursor should change to small picture of two sheets of paper, each sheet with an arrow pointing in opposite direction, then double click. That usually does the trick.

I've switched everything over to OpenOffice, so don't have MSWord 07 in front of me.
Working from memory and the largely analogous OpenOffice, I'd say try fishing around in the "View" section that is at the top of the page, after File and Edit.
Under View, check the Toolbars and the Formatting of the page.

Try moving the cursor to the top of the page, the cursor should change to small picture of two sheets of paper, each sheet with an arrow pointing in opposite direction, then double click. That usually does the trick.

Bingo. That's exactly how you switch the views. Hover the cursor at the top of the page and a little box will pop up telling you to "double-click to show white space."

You're awesome!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back