Majority Standard Bible

Status
Not open for further replies.
Very interesting. Thanks!

Apparently it is the Byzantine Priority edition of their Berean Standard Bible translation (which I'd never heard of. Found a review of the latter here:

I'm glad to see the Byzantine Priority getting some attention, as I've felt that it's the most balanced effort at dealing with textual transmission difficulties (no, it's not just "counting noses").

Not sure why either are labeled "standard". There are so many different "standard" Bibles now! :D

This is very interesting I was looking at it but seems very close to NIV .......... Of course I didn't read the complete Bible however it will probably be a good translation for the Christian Public .............

This is very interesting I was looking at it but seems very close to NIV.
It is very close. I have read a good bit of the BSB, and I wonder if they didn't use the original NIV as their base text. It is that similar. But, in my opinion, this is a good thing. The NIV gets a lot of flack, but I read through the original NIV this year, and it is an exceptional translation—one of the best we have, in my opinion.

Glad to see some other NIV fans here. I always feel like people think I'm crazy when I say it's one of my main reading Bibles.

Glad to see some other NIV fans here. I always feel like people think I'm crazy when I say it's one of my main reading Bibles.
It was frequently used for Reformed books 80s-90s) pre ESV. More often than NKJV KJV. It has a special place

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back