Make Me A Christian

Status
Not open for further replies.

pilgrim3970

Puritan Board Freshman
Ran across this blurb about a new "reality" TV show in the UK:

Make Me a Christian follows the three-week journey of thirteen non-Christians who also include a witch, a Muslim, an unmarried couple with a child on the way, and a family of six, as they get to grips with Christianity through a number of Bible studies and mentoring from an ecumenical team of church leaders.

Their spiritual mentors include the leader of the Christian Party, Rev George Hargreaves as lead mentor and Bible teacher in an ecumenical group of Christian mentors, Church of England Curate the Rev Joanna Jepson, Catholic Fr John Flynn, and Kensington Temple’s Pastor Wale Babatunde.

The series documents the changes that occur within each of the participants as their perspectives of Christianity and the meaning of life are challenged by the lessons that emerge in each of the Bible studies. By the series’ end, some participants even make a commitment to pursue Christianity further.

Rev Hargreaves commented, “Viewers will be deeply moved by the participants’ personal journeys. I believe that a major nationwide evangelism initiative could be launched on the back of this series.”

Make Me A Christian series will be broadcast on Channel Four over the next three Sundays in August, starting this Sunday at 7pm.

sigh..... ("and that's all I've got to say about that" ~ Forest Gump)
 
If the representatives of Christianity were well-picked, I would enjoy watching this show.

Of all the reality shows, this one has the biggest prize I would say.




What if we got Jon Piper, Sinclair Fergusan and Ligon Duncan or others to host?
 
What's so bad about this show? r at least the concept.

If the faith can be presented clearly and true spokespeople of that faith, then I rejoice.

Tell me what is objectionable.
 
Some things that are wrong with it:

1. Rev Joanna Jepson,

2. Catholic Fr John Flynn

3. It's turning evangelism into an entertainment spectacle

4. I'm highly suspect of the way the Gospel will be treated and which manifestation of 'christianity' will be presented.

5. It's England, besides those on the PB, are there any Christians left?
 
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top